Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-27-2021, 09:19 AM   #1
elektronaut
elektronaut began at the beginning.

No way to export text from the Notes app?

I got drawn into the Apple ecosystem and use their notes app despite it's limitations because of the simplicity and sync between all devices (MacBook/iPad/iPhone).

But when at hand, I would like to use my Onyx Boox Max2 for note writing and use the hand writing recognition and then export the recognized text, send it to my MacBook and paste it into Apple Notes.

It just seems that the current Onyx Notes App only allows to export as a PDF, which is overkill for me. An earlier version also allowed to export in text format, no idea why they canceled that option.

Is there something that I'm missing, or is that workflow simply not possible?
elektronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 04:33 PM   #2
james_
Connoisseur
james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3,Oasis, YotaPhone 2, Boox Note2, Mi Pad 4+, Kobo Mini & Forma
I think unfortunately that you're right. The workflow you want (on my Note2) is ... write in your text. Press the AI button, look at all your text on the page. Click on it and you should see a caret with a 'Select all' pop up. Then select all, click into the selected text again and share to clipboard, bluetooth, drive or nearby share. Hopefully one of those will allow you to share with your Apple ecosystem. Yes, it seems crazy that Onyx notes is designed just to capture your notes to Onyx, but not to you, the end user. It's like having Facebook with an input only option so they can sell your data to advertisers without you actually getting any value from it at all. If you can't see any of the options I just mentioned, you might want to make sure you have the latest software on your device.

.. truthfully, you wouldn't buy an Onyx device for notetaking because why would you just want to send your data to China and not use it yourself?
james_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 05:13 PM   #3
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Hey james_, in real world we do this.

It is working fine. Please use AI/Reflow Recognition. Then you can save as a txt file. It is simple, offline and without any cloud service.

Last edited by yokos; 02-02-2021 at 05:22 PM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 05:45 PM   #4
james_
Connoisseur
james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3,Oasis, YotaPhone 2, Boox Note2, Mi Pad 4+, Kobo Mini & Forma
Hey Yokos, that's great.. many thanks for the correction, it must have been fixed since the last time I checked. I even complained to Onyx about it!!

For the OP, you need to upgrade your device to the latest version to get this fix. See this thread - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=333750

Last edited by james_; 02-02-2021 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Add to post
james_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:17 PM   #5
elektronaut
elektronaut began at the beginning.

Thanks to both of you, guess I must have tried with the previous firmware.
Strange, because I'm sure there already was an option to export only the text in an older firmware version.

Anyway, I'm happy that it works now!
elektronaut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, notes, onyx boox