Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-21-2022, 04:15 PM   #1
neonfire
Enthusiast
neonfire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 11th Gen 2022
Exclamation Clara 2E - KoReader - update RSS news - auto factory reset

Title says it all, but this time I'll use sentences, like an animal.

I have a Clara 2E. Love it so far.

Installed KoReader and was using it just fine.

I tried the RSS news feature. Couldn't edit the sources so I just tried to download what they had, and then try to update again. Download went well. It grabbed some articles without issue.

Then I clicked edit sources again. Device froze. Then restarted. Showed me the 1st time setup screen. All books are gone, but it kept the wifi network settings, so it was able to get my purchased books and account info without having to rejoin the network.

What happened exactly and how can I help prevent it?

It's not too hard to reinstall KoReader and read add my books and manga (mostly manga), but if there's a better way, I'd love to know it lol.

Thanks!!!! 🎊
neonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 01:24 PM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
That sounds like the device has a hardware defect of some sort. I'd return it.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kobo clara 2e, koreader