Old 10-26-2022, 08:27 AM   #1
schlaft
schlaft began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Post calibre-smtp.exe unclear error

when running this python script

sp.Popen(["cal/calibre-smtp.exe",
"-a dummy.epub",
"jonas.charrier1@gmail.com karine.charrier@kindle.com \"mailBody\""]).communicate()

i get this error

You must specify the from address, to address and body text on the command line

even after reading the doc :https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...ibre-smtp.html i dont really understand how i must use it. Any help would be aprecciated.
schlaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 09:46 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to understand how to use Popen to pass arguments. This is well documented in the python std library.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 10:17 AM   #3
schlaft

I think i found the problem, a fourth argument seems to be needed (after from to and the body)
but i dont know why (i left it blank)
Old 10-26-2022, 10:26 AM   #4
schlaft

did the default relay "http://retail-smtp-in.amazon.com/" use to work ?
Old 10-26-2022, 11:27 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no default relay. And you really should take the time to understand how to use subprocess.Popen
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote