Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2018, 03:58 PM   #121
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, based on this post, I have no idea what your original problem was. If you are running the metadata update with those options, then you are explicitly setting the date used in the "Date Added" sort to the date the book was added to calibre. The text in the synopsis is just text and is not used in the sort.

If you are using the "Recent" sort, then this a based on the last read date and the date added. Recent firmware uses whichever of these is the latest as the value in the sort.
I have been using the "Recent" sort, and before the 4.9.11311 F/W, it used the latest between last read date and date added to the device, while now it uses the latest between last read date and date added to Calibre.

I have not modified the metadata parameters, so it looks like this F/W acts differently than previous F/Ws for this. This is what I was commenting on. Incidentally, I would prefer the previous sort, though I still want the "added to Calibre" info in the metadata.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:31 PM   #122
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
I have been using the "Recent" sort, and before the 4.9.11311 F/W, it used the latest between last read date and date added to the device, while now it uses the latest between last read date and date added to Calibre.

I have not modified the metadata parameters, so it looks like this F/W acts differently than previous F/Ws for this. This is what I was commenting on. Incidentally, I would prefer the previous sort, though I still want the "added to Calibre" info in the metadata.
Are you saying you are not running the metadata update in the Kobo Utilities plugin? If so, what you are saying is impossible. The device does not look at that date at all. And, inspecting the database here, the dates are are definitely when the book is added to the device.

If you aren't running the metadata update, I don't understand what the point of your previous post. As you gave the options used in that function, it seemed like you were running the medadata update. And if you are, and don't want the date added to the device set to the date added to calibre, then simply don't choose that option.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2018, 02:33 AM   #123
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Are you saying you are not running the metadata update in the Kobo Utilities plugin? If so, what you are saying is impossible. The device does not look at that date at all. And, inspecting the database here, the dates are are definitely when the book is added to the device.
If you aren't running the metadata update, I don't understand what the point of your previous post. As you gave the options used in that function, it seemed like you were running the medadata update. And if you are, and don't want the date added to the device set to the date added to calibre, then simply don't choose that option.
I do run the metadata update systematically on all my books, and refresh it when I change anything. I'll drop that theme - I'm going away without my computer for a week.
And thank you for all the work you do which makes all the difference with how I'm enjoying my devices.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 03:56 PM   #124
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
I know this isn’t the latest firmware at all, but I’m still using this 4.9.11311 on my Clara (because I like one-tap to change the information display in the reading footer; I read kepub only so the ePub bugs don’t affect me; and I don’t have OverDrive in my country so I don’t need the update). Anyone else still on 4.911311?

I’ve finished a couple of books now and I noticed for all of them, there isn’t a summary page where you can rate the book anymore, after turning the last book page... I vaguely remember reading about this function being broken in a firmware but I also thought it was fixed again... but I can’t really keep track anymore and I haven’t been taking notes. Plus, I can’t find the posts I’m vaguely remembering. Does anyone know more / have a better memory / have handy notes?
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:11 PM   #125
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
< Still on 4.9 on my H2O, too, you're not alone .

Can't recall ever seeing that end of book action here, either. Then again, it was so annoying on Kindle that I trained myself to never actually turn the last page to avoid this, so, err, take this with a grain of salt ;p.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-14-2018 at 12:19 AM. Reason: 5 is not 4, oops xD
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2018, 06:12 PM   #126
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I’ve finished a couple of books now and I noticed for all of them, there isn’t a summary page where you can rate the book anymore, after turning the last book page... I vaguely remember reading about this function being broken in a firmware but I also thought it was fixed again... but I can’t really keep track anymore and I haven’t been taking notes. Plus, I can’t find the posts I’m vaguely remembering. Does anyone know more / have a better memory / have handy notes?
The rating page is only displayed for purchased books. You won't see it for sideloaded kepubs. I can't remember not seeing it in any of the recent firmware, so I'm pretty sure it was there in 4.9.11311.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:02 AM   #127
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I don't know if 3.12.XXXXX was the last one with rating or 3.11.XXXXX. I stayed at that version for a lot of time, till I found an alternative method. BTW, I don't think it's broke but it's a decision, in the same way that related works aren't shown anymore for sideloaded books.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:40 PM   #128
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
< Still on 4.9 on my H2O, too, you're not alone .

Quote:
Can't recall ever seeing that end of book action here, either. Then again, it was so annoying on Kindle that I trained myself to never actually turn the last page to avoid this, so, err, take this with a grain of salt ;p.

Haha.

Quote:
The rating page is only displayed for purchased books. You won't see it for sideloaded kepubs. I can't remember not seeing it in any of the recent firmware, so I'm pretty sure it was there in 4.9.11311.
Aaaah so that’s why I don’t get the rating page! Weird, I thought I _always_ got it, at least the statistics overview. I must have been reading more Kobo-purchased than sideloaded books or something. But it is interesting to hear that the device apparently does see a difference between actual bought/Kobo-synced kepubs and sideloaded kepubs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I don't know if 3.12.XXXXX was the last one with rating or 3.11.XXXXX. I stayed at that version for a lot of time, till I found an alternative method. BTW, I don't think it's broke but it's a decision, in the same way that related works aren't shown anymore for sideloaded books.
Oh, that makes sense! I was happy with the 3.12.x or 3.11.x for a long time too without realising there were updates (I was away from mobileread as well)... I went straight from there to a new Clara HD I must have missed the transition to a firmware without the rating page. Pooh. What’s your alternative method?
Old 11-14-2018, 02:59 PM   #129
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Collections #1 to #5 and #1/2 and update of some plugin to recover information. It's not a method for everybody but it is OK for me.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:51 AM   #130
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Ahh that's smart. Thank you for sharing!