Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-21-2018, 01:29 PM   #2926
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@hfpop: Nope. The only thing you can safely drop is the 'Regular' suffix. Any sane font rendering engine *should* assume that no suffix means medium.

c.f., fontconfig:
Code:
fc-match "Deja Vu Sans Mono"
DejaVuSansMono.ttf: "DejaVu Sans Mono" "Book"
(It will match on the right font no matter the case & spacing).

But that's for fontconfig, so I digress a bit.

TL;DR: No, trust FontForge.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:00 PM   #2927
Dondville
Dondville began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Wanted to thank you guys. Just got your latest nightly working through fmon on my clara HD and you have made my "probable return" into a "probable keep".

I wanted to use my Clara HD mainly for academic papers and most of those are in pdf and how should I put this... The PDF handling from kobo isn't really convincing. Being able to get this working has not only made my day but probably will save a couple of trees a month so once again,

thank you.

P.S:
The steps I used to get it working.
1. download pbchess
2. install according to instructions
3. Download latest nightly
4. Just add the Koreader to your desired location (.adds/.kobo)
5. edit the fmon_launcher.sh to redirect to koreader.sh

Last edited by Dondville; 06-23-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Dondville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2018, 02:19 PM   #2928
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Why not just stick it in the default .adds/koreader?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:47 PM   #2929
Dondville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Why not just stick it in the default .adds/koreader?
Sure sorry for the typo, but firstly that doesn't matter, and secondly to create the .adds folder in windows (my current platform) you have to do it through cmd as it isn't possible to create .**** folders in windows explorer. As it really doesn't matter I thought I'd add .kobo as it's there and it works.

It might be a default location when using KMS or maybe even KFmon but it doesn't exist by default. At least not on the Clara HD.

Edit: And as far as I'm aware currently only the Fmon by vlasovsoft works at the moment on the Clara HD.

Last edited by Dondville; 06-23-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:22 PM   #2930
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
It does exist by default when using KSM, but I misunderstood.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2018, 04:27 PM   #2931
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondville View Post
to create the .adds folder in windows (my current platform) you have to do it through cmd as it isn't possible to create .**** folders in windows explorer.
It is possible, but you need to name directory with dot on both ends, for example .****. to use your example. After that, you're left with only first dot.

Also, just to mention, I'm going with KSM as it is very useful and powerful tool with many other advantages, one of them is that it enables me to completely avoid any need for nickel.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:22 PM   #2932
Dondville

Alan_S,

great,

doesn't work with Clara HD yet.

Quote:
News
  • Clara HD is currently not supported, please wait for update 3 (coming soon).
  • Until update 3 becomes available, please install the changed start script for Plato 4.1+
Point is that this method currently works on the Clara HD and as far as I know is currently the only method that works. I will gladly use the more convenient and elegant solutions when available but I have papers to write and I just need to read way too much to wait.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:16 PM   #2933
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Dondville: KFMon is pretty much hardware-agnostic (the only hardware-related stuff is the screen feedback via FBInk, and that's still in RC, and will just silently not do anything if unsupported... and it also supports the Clara anyway ).

That made it to the README a few weeks ago specifically because we knew the Clara was coming .

It's also specifically packaged in a way that hides away the hassle of dealing with subdirectories and dot-directories (i.e., unzip at root, fire & forget).

It started after a discussion on a 'one-click' installation method for KOReader, so I care about this kind of stuff .

----

In fact, that makes me realize that I should re-order the install instructions on the WiKi, thanks!

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-23-2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:19 AM   #2934
Dondville

@NiLuJe

Awesome, I'll try it today.

I found your note at the bottom of the "What's it for" section and while it is clear I was quickly searching for a definitive list of supported devices with my trusty Ctrl+F and skimming the installation areas. As I was only seeing complaints about Clara HD support on other forum posts, I assumed it would be mentioned by name when the issue would be resolved (which in this case wasn't necessary). Not saying it's incorrect, just unclear.

Hope it'll do a nicer job of getting KoReader and other apps to work.

Anyway, thanks.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:53 AM   #2935
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Dondville: The Clara mention was actually also missing for that page until my previous answer .

It's often the little things like that that actually feel the most helpful to new users, so, yeah, thanks for jogging things up .
Old 06-25-2018, 09:03 AM   #2936
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Alan_S,

great,

doesn't work with Clara HD yet.

Point is that this method currently works on the Clara HD and as far as I know is currently the only method that works. I will gladly use the more convenient and elegant solutions when available but I have papers to write and I just need to read way too much to wait.
KSM works if you're okay with manually editing some stuff (check my comments in the KSM 09 chat*)

*I won't directly link to it, as non "tech-savvy" people might "brick" their ereaders somehow.

But yeah, i'm a happy KSM user on my Clara
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 04:49 PM   #2937
Dondville

Looks promising. At the moment I'm too swamped to edit more code than a simple file location at the moment and my current setup works amazingly. If I have a little more time I'll probably try it, but by that time it'll probably be properly implemented.

Just to express my love of the KoboReader: Love the highlight export feature. Literally has made quoting papers easier than ever. Unfortunately, the Evernote connection feature crashes the reader at the moment. And apart from that, sometimes my rather large pdf's full of highlights start to slow down the entire reader until it crashes. Happens after a couple of hours and generally, I'm able to quickly save before it gets too horrible so not too shabby for a nightly build.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:38 PM   #2938
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
And apart from that, sometimes my rather large pdf's full of highlights start to slow down the entire reader until it crashes. Happens after a couple of hours and generally, I'm able to quickly save before it gets too horrible so not too shabby for a nightly build.
I think you still could get info on memory usage in status bar (at the moment I'm not on latest nightly), so you can watch when things go south and make restart on time.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:57 PM   #2939
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
I think I already posted this before: When I acidentally tip on a footnote that's placed on the margin (almost invisible, too light grey, cold be bolder) and get directed to the footnote page, I have trouble finding the right footnote (which also would have been better if it were in bold) to get back to my original page. And in the example shown below, the screen sensitivity isn't very precise, so often instead of getting back to my page, I only get the previous footnote page. Any ideas?

Spoiler:

using the latest build 2015-11.1735

Last edited by serdar0020; 07-14-2018 at 12:02 AM.
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 06:48 AM   #2940
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Updated mod for Lighttoggle+Shutdown buttons

I don't know where is the best thread for post that but like the last update was here... In any case feel free to move to a better thread/forum.

I know about the gesture plugin for toggle on/off touching bottom-left corner, but I haven't it active and like a button solution. About the shutdown button, it really poweroff the device using KSM poweroff.sh like the original mod (easy to change for other options, I think). At least there isn't any problem in my daily use, so I hope you also.

The original mod was created by xor_ (I remember Alan_S also did a little update to KSM8).
Attached Files
File Type: zip koreader-shutdown-lighttoggle-07122018.zip (30.0 KB, 2869 views)

Last edited by boriar; 07-20-2018 at 02:21 PM. Reason: correct typo
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote