Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-02-2019, 01:54 AM   #1
sv2000
sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
[Hardware Mod] Physical page turning buttons/poor man's Forma

Hi,

I have modded a Kobo Glo HD to have physical page turn buttons on one side, similar to Forma or Kindle Oasis. Unlike SW based methods, I directly tap into the touch screen analog signals to induce fake touches, thus this method has no power consumption penalty. Here's a small video of the mod in action.

Youtube link

This should be applicable to all IR touch screen based readers, and with some ingenuity to capacitive screen ones as well.

I also have the build instructions on my blog https://awildelectron.blogspot.com/2...utton-mod.html in case anyone is interested
sv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 04:10 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Amazing idea!
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I definitely like the Lo-Fi approach to handling the IR grid .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:21 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Great! A neat and logical approach.

Might give an idea to those who are looking to have a remote control for their ereader.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-10-2019 at 05:24 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote