Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 09:56 AM   #331
dominolink
dominolink began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.

Hi David,

My Kobo Aura HD internal SD card seems dead, won't boot (tried many ways). I'm going to replace it with a 32GB SD card. Could you send me the image? Thank you very much.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:27 AM   #332
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Advert
Old 04-20-2018, 05:15 PM   #333
dominolink
dominolink began at the beginning.

Quote:
PM sent.
Thank you very much. My Kobo works again.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:12 AM   #334
Duxa_sk8
Duxa_sk8 began at the beginning.

Device: E-Book
Hello. My Kobo Aura HD bricked. I need SD image
Old 04-26-2018, 03:19 AM   #335
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Duxa_sk8: To be able to send you the link, I need you to enable PMs. This is in the "User CP" (link near the top left of the page). You then need to go to the "Edit Options" page and find the "Private Messaging" section. Make sure the first option is enabled.
Advert
Old 04-26-2018, 03:51 AM   #336
Duxa_sk8

Quote:
@Duxa_sk8: To be able to send you the link, I need you to enable PMs. This is in the "User CP" (link near the top left of the page). You then need to go to the "Edit Options" page and find the "Private Messaging" section. Make sure the first option is enabled.
I don't find the "Private Messaging" section. Please send image to e-mail: duxa_sk8@mail.ru
Old 05-01-2018, 07:38 AM   #337
Duxa_sk8

Private Messaging enabled. Please send again
Old 05-01-2018, 09:46 AM   #338
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:14 AM   #339
AgedAngel
Clueless
AgedAngel will become famous soon enoughAgedAngel will become famous soon enoughAgedAngel will become famous soon enoughAgedAngel will become famous soon enoughAgedAngel will become famous soon enoughAgedAngel will become famous soon enough

Device: Android tablets with Pocketbook app
OK...I'm dumb. I messed with my Aura HD updates and bricked it. Now I have a steady blank screen and the device won't connect with my computer or even give me an image on the screen. Is there some magic someone can work? I heard about magical SD card images...

AA
Old 05-08-2018, 10:07 AM   #340
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. But, have you tried a factory reset using the buttons?

And if you need them, for instructions to use the image, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:07 AM   #341
AgedAngel
Clueless
AgedAngel will become famous soon enoughAgedAngel will become famous soon enoughAgedAngel will become famous soon enoughAgedAngel will become famous soon enoughAgedAngel will become famous soon enoughAgedAngel will become famous soon enough

Device: Android tablets with Pocketbook app
Thank you, David. The factory reset was out of reach, since I had but a blank screen. With your image file, several reboots, and some bad language, I have managed to reanimate the previously dead Aura.

Thank you for all your help.

AA
Old 05-09-2018, 03:52 AM   #342
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgedAngel View Post
Thank you, David. The factory reset was out of reach, since I had but a blank screen. With your image file, several reboots, and some bad language, I have managed to reanimate the previously dead Aura.
Good to know it is working.

For the record, you can do a factory reset with the buttons. For the Aura HD, you power the device off, hold the light button down and turn it on again. Then release the light button when things start to happen.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:05 AM   #343
rouky
rouky began at the beginning.

Hello David,

Seems my Kobo Aura HD is corrupted after trying a factory reset which got in a loop.

Could you send me the SD image, I'd like to try it anew.

Thanks
Old 05-20-2018, 08:00 AM   #344
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

But, make sure you do a factory reset using the buttons before opening up the device. There is a good chance this will fix it.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:14 PM   #345
PieterPuk
PieterPuk began at the beginning.

Hi David!

My Kobo Aura HD (N204B) internal SD card seems dead.
Do you have an image so I can confirm it is the SD card?
Thank you very much!
Closed Thread