Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
JohnnyW
JohnnyW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Reverts to previous MetaTitle after returning to device

I've just got my Paperwhite Kindle and I'm trying to add my books -- but with MetaData that is useful to me. I've followed the instructions to the letter and it works for two of the three books I've changed the title of, but one of them always reverts to the previous title. It's baffling.

Here's what I've done:

1. Connected my Kindle PW to my PC.
2. Loaded up Calibre (latest version).
3. Added the three books from my Kindle to my Calibre library.
4. Edited the titles.
5. Removed the books from the Kindle.
6. Added the books from my Calibre library.

I then eject my Kindle. At first, ALL of the books have their new title, but after 20 seconds (with me not doing anything) one of the books reverts to the long unwieldy title that I hate. I've done this three or four times, double-checking everything, and the same thing always happens:

I see the new (correct) title for about 20 seconds before it reverts to the old one.

I thought it may be Whispersync, so I cleared the furthest page read, and it still didn't make any difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited by JohnnyW; 06-24-2013 at 02:43 PM.
JohnnyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
JohnnyW

Aha! I solved it. Apparently the book in question hadn't been removed from the Kindle before I added the "new" version. I thought it had, but it hadn't. Phew!
Advert
Old 06-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
Try eject your kindle after you remove the books with calibre then reconnect it to add the books.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #4
JohnnyW

As previously stated, it was a much simpler problem -- I just hadn't removed the previous version of one of the three books. All is good now, thanks!