Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-18-2021, 06:26 PM   #1
etilley
etilley began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Docx to EPUB: W3C error - border currentColor is not a Color ...

Hi,
Has anyone else seen this W3C error on Epub conversions from docx files?

border currentColor is not a Color ...

If yes, how to correct this problem?
etilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 06:34 PM   #2
etilley

More info on CSS file contents

Here are the CSS files for tables ...

.table_ {
border-collapse: collapse;
border-spacing: 2px;
display: table;
margin-bottom: 0;
margin-left: 0;
margin-top: 0;
text-indent: 0;
padding: 0;
border: currentColor none 1pt
}
Advert
Old 09-18-2021, 07:11 PM   #3
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by etilley View Post
Here are the CSS files for tables ...

border: currentColor none 1pt
}
I think you have incorrect syntax for border.

Have a read here and you might be able to find the effect you are after...

https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_border_shorthand.asp
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 07:37 PM   #4
etilley

The syntax is auto-generated by Calibre as part of the conversion.

I notice that if I search and replace "currentColor" with "black" on the stylesheet.css file that it passes a W3C validation scan.

This is a fix I guess, but it also seems like it might be a Calibre bug report too?
Old 09-18-2021, 07:54 PM   #5
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etilley View Post
This is a fix I guess, but it also seems like it might be a Calibre bug report too?
ah, right. I didn't realise it was auto-generated. Sounds like a bug. I'll let the calibre gurus respond further
Advert
Old 09-18-2021, 08:23 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Preferences: OUTPUT options: EPUB (on sidebar): EPUB Version
If you have previously converted a book, there is a similar area on the start conversion dialog.
CALIBRE remembers previously used settings PER BOOK (so it no longer uses Preferences for those.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 10:27 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The W3C is no longer relevant to html specs. The browser makers all decided to ignore it. And currentColor is most definitely a valid value for color: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...tcolor_keyword
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 10:41 PM   #8
Karellen
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The W3C is no longer relevant to html specs.
Oh right. I had no idea. A shame as that site is how I taught myself css and html and what I use for reference.

What site do you use as a reference for CSS and HTML properties? I note that mozilla site does not have a comprehensive list of available properties/tags that can be used.
Old 09-18-2021, 11:12 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use the whatwg documents mostly, such as https://html.spec.whatwg.org
Old 09-18-2021, 11:37 PM   #10
Karellen
Wizard

Great. Thank you
Old 09-19-2021, 07:31 AM   #11
etilley

All true as you say, but the W3C check is a requirement of Draft2Print - that flags the errors and refuses to forward the epubs etc on for publishing at Apple, Barnes and Nobles, and so on. currentColor is legal, although I understand that color must be set initially so it can use the cascading color settings.

Last edited by etilley; 09-19-2021 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-19-2021, 08:08 AM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I'm afraid calibre is not in the business of satisfying incorrect error checks in various pre-print tools. Simply run a search and replace, or setup a rule to do it automatically during conversion. In the Lokk & Feel->Transform styles section of the conversion dialog.