Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 06-20-2020, 04:12 PM   #256
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
How does this one compare to previous models you've had in terms of build quality and function?
It was comparable to my previous AGPTEK (discontinued model). It came in a different color and had 16gb internal memory as opposed to the previous 8gb; I didn't notice any other differences. I had it such a short time that I never tried Bluetooth or any other features except straightforward playing of audiobooks.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 04:28 PM   #257
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
My brand-new AGPTEK just died. I connected it to my PC, left it plugged in for maybe 10 minutes or so while deciding what audiobook files to transfer, and then saw that the computer wasn't recognizing it and, more alarmingly, that it had gotten hot to the touch.

When I disconnected it wouldn't power on, even after it cooled off. It will power on when connected to a wall charger, but then turns off, and begins getting hot again. Looks like the date/time have reset to zero; no idea if my files on it have been disappeared.

Since it's still in the 30-day return window, I'm having Amazon replace it, though I'm a little leery and a lot annoyed. Funny thing is, just this morning I put the box it came in into the recycling bin. Oops.
Sounds like the battery is shot. I had the battery replaced in my iPhone 6s by Apple and the battery they put in started swelling.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2020, 10:38 PM   #258
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sounds like the battery is shot. I had the battery replaced in my iPhone 6s by Apple and the battery they put in started swelling.
A friend of mine just had the battery swell up in a Mac laptop.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:19 PM   #259
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
If I'm walking, in the car, or at the office I use a phone that no longer has service with my bluetooth headphones. At home a lot I use my Echo Show. The Echo Show syncs with audible book progress, and if using Scribd at home I use the backup phone's bluetooth connection to Echo Show to play via the speakers in the house.

And for those times when on computer, I play through computer speakers streaming while doing other stuff.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 04:58 PM   #260
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
My Onkyo DP-X1A died. It would not turn on. I got a really good deal on a FIIO 11 and am loving it. The touch screen is a dream and it runs all of my apps, holds all of my music and audiobooks.
Apache
Apache, how do you get your audible.com ebooks to your FIIO. Or do you use audiobooks from somewhere else?
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2020, 06:00 PM   #261
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
My FiiO has an Android OS and WIFI. I listen to Audible through the Audible App and Bluetooth. I have Sonos speakers in my store and use the Sonos App to access my Audible Account.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 07:41 AM   #262
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have been looking at the FiiO devices. The m11 is above my $$$ but the m6 looks like it may be capable enough for me. Will check it out some more. I think it too can download the audible app...looks like that is on the whitelist. Thanks for your input .
Old 08-12-2020, 08:50 AM   #263
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Glad to help. My Onkyo died and when Squaretrade couldn't fix it I changed to the M11. The Onkyo had doubled in price in the almost three years I had it. I decided to spend the extra to get the M11.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:34 AM   #264
Kaysclie
Addict

After too much internet searching I am now looking at the Sony Walkman a55 for music and audible books. But A55 does not do audible files. Is there some way that I can convert the audible files on my computer? I would appreciate some information on this or guidance on where to look. I have been an audible subscriber for almost 20 years and have many many audio books from them.

Last edited by Kaysclie; 08-25-2020 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:19 AM   #265
Lizj1
Enthusiast
Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, Kindle 3, Kobo H20, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
Is there some way that I can convert the audible files on my computer? )
Kaysclie, look for AAXAudioConverter. I'm using it to back up my audible books.
Lizj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 04:54 PM   #266
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Another year, another broken clip on my mp3 player. I was just thinking the other day how pleased I've been with the Ruizu clip player I bought last year--battery life has not markedly lessened, clip still feels secure. And then, boom, clip broke off last night.

Unless I can come up with a good workaround (I'm temporarily using a rubber band and a binder clip), I'm going to replace it with the same model. I think I'm going to opt for the three-year extended warranty (five bucks), which sounds like it would cover a broken clip.
Old 10-29-2022, 08:32 AM   #267
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Another year, another broken clip on my mp3 player. I was just thinking the other day how pleased I've been with the Ruizu clip player I bought last year--battery life has not markedly lessened, clip still feels secure. And then, boom, clip broke off last night.

Unless I can come up with a good workaround (I'm temporarily using a rubber band and a binder clip), I'm going to replace it with the same model. I think I'm going to opt for the three-year extended warranty (five bucks), which sounds like it would cover a broken clip.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097M5HWQW...9kZXRhaWw&th=1

I wonder if that would work? I was going to send you the link for the one I've been using for my daily driver for about a year now, but it's currently unavailable. I know it's annoying when the clip breaks. Sorry! I'd love to know which one you end up buying, if you decide to go that way
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 10:07 AM   #268
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097M5HWQW...9kZXRhaWw&th=1

I wonder if that would work? I was going to send you the link for the one I've been using for my daily driver for about a year now, but it's currently unavailable. I know it's annoying when the clip breaks. Sorry! I'd love to know which one you end up buying, if you decide to go that way
S
Thanks for the link. I'm looking at the measurements and it looks like the clip would either just barely fit, or be a hair too long. I was just about to order a new player today, but now I think I might try one of these clips.

ETA: I went ahead and placed the order for the clips. I realized I have three perfectly adequate mp3 players with broken clips, so I might as well give these a try. Thanks again!

Last edited by Catlady; 10-29-2022 at 10:30 AM.
Old 10-30-2022, 09:54 AM   #269
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Thanks for the link. I'm looking at the measurements and it looks like the clip would either just barely fit, or be a hair too long. I was just about to order a new player today, but now I think I might try one of these clips.

ETA: I went ahead and placed the order for the clips. I realized I have three perfectly adequate mp3 players with broken clips, so I might as well give these a try. Thanks again!
Let me know if they work. I've got a few with broken clips too. I usually just toss them into my bra, but sometimes they do fall out. A clip is nice.
Oh, which player are you looking at?
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 11:03 AM   #270
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Let me know if they work. I've got a few with broken clips too. I usually just toss them into my bra, but sometimes they do fall out. A clip is nice.
Oh, which player are you looking at?
S
I was going to get the same player I bought last year--Ruizu X52. (It might have been you who recommended it!) Battery life is still really good--I can listen all day long on a single charge. If the adhesive clips work, I'll hold off on a new player.

The clips are supposed to arrive today. I figure with 50 of them in the package, I can deal with a fair amount of breakage.