Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 04-30-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Wanted STK-101 last firmware and STK Maker

I've got a Netronix EB-100 and from all appearances, it's a STAReBOOK STK-101 without the logos. The sample ebooks on it all have the .stk extension. What I'd like is a copy of the last available firmware update (I think it was the SD1.zip file they had on their site.) and the last version of STK Maker. I don't want the eRead 7.0 because while it installs on my WinXP machine, it won't make an STK ebook from a very plain-vanilla .txt file. Keeps crashing. Anyway, I've got WinXP w/SP2. If anyone can post these files or send them to me at my email via an attachment, I'd appreciate it.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:11 AM   #2
micro
Connoisseur
micro doesn't littermicro doesn't littermicro doesn't litter

Device: STAReBOOK STK-101
I don't have the last firmware update The one listed on their site is a bit old, and I'm also looking for the newer firmware.

I think I can dig up the STK maker thou if you still need it,

give me a yell,

mike
micro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2008, 03:45 AM   #3
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Hi,

I also do not have the "newest" version anymore, just the 111 (older) version.
I also now hae my STAReBOOK working as a Cybook, so luckily I do not have to use the .stk maker anymore...and believe me...the older version were not working that well either...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:26 AM   #4
micro
Connoisseur
micro doesn't littermicro doesn't littermicro doesn't litter

Device: STAReBOOK STK-101
I think I have a copy of the 112 firmware around, but as with CommanderROR, I'm not a cybook'er instead of a STAReBOOK'er.

Much nicer. Not perfect, but better
micro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:53 AM   #5
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro View Post
I think I have a copy of the 112 firmware around, but as with CommanderROR, I'm not a cybook'er instead of a STAReBOOK'er.

Much nicer. Not perfect, but better
Yeah... I've yet to find an e-Ink reader which meets all my desires... If one supports Mobi, it doesn't support eReader Pro. If it supports eReader Pro, it doesn't support on-the-fly font changes, or it has a crappy library navigator. IOW, if it's not missing one feature, it'll be missing half a dozen others.

Still, having attempted to cope with STK-101's app, I'm quite content to use the Boo Reader while waiting for a better, more inclusive app.

Derek
Advert
Old 06-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If they were to come out with a new firmware that you actually wanted, would it still be possible to flash it even after converting to a Gen3?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:22 PM   #7
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If they were to come out with a new firmware that you actually wanted, would it still be possible to flash it even after converting to a Gen3?
Now that's the thing... What if they add to the Cybook Gen3 by adding in touchscreen and wifi support *before* they come out with the next firmware update? What if they tie their firmware 'update' to those hardware changes? Could it be that those of us with 'original version' Cybooks would be completely screwed? I think it *could* happen. But I don't know what's going on so I'm just going to have to wait and see.

Derek
Old 06-11-2008, 11:40 AM   #8
Magragon
Magragon began at the beginning.

Device: Netronix EB-100
2delphidb96
I've got a Netronix EB-100 too. It looks like STAReBOOK STK-101.
I've got some problems with STK format.
Five sample books have been opened well. All versions of "Alice" posted by CommanderROR have been opened too.
But when I tried to open STK book created by myself (eREAD 7.0) from plain text (700K), it wasn't opened. I used eREAD 7.0 English. What's wrong?
Moreover, when I open sample books from EB-100 by eREAD 7.0, it perfoms some changes within these ones, and newer versions of these files couldn't be opened by EB-100 - some internal information has been crashed.

Maybe, I have to use some previous version of eREAD?

Do you have similar problems?
Magragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:10 PM   #9
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magragon View Post
2delphidb96
I've got a Netronix EB-100 too. It looks like STAReBOOK STK-101.
I've got some problems with STK format.
Five sample books have been opened well. All versions of "Alice" posted by CommanderROR have been opened too.
But when I tried to open STK book created by myself (eREAD 7.0) from plain text (700K), it wasn't opened. I used eREAD 7.0 English. What's wrong?
Moreover, when I open sample books from EB-100 by eREAD 7.0, it perfoms some changes within these ones, and newer versions of these files couldn't be opened by EB-100 - some internal information has been crashed.

Maybe, I have to use some previous version of eREAD?

Do you have similar problems?
Nope. But then I must correct myself. I've got the EB-100 but I went ahead and "patched over" to the Bookeen Cybook Gen3 firmware. I'm now running their Version 1.0, Build 538 and am quite happy. It's not reading *ANY* STK ebooks, but it does just fine reading both unlocked and "Secure" Mobipocket ebooks.

I wouldn't recommend doing this, though, as Bookeen doesn't like it if you do and you'd lose all ability for any current ebooks in STK format.

Email me if you want further details...

Derek
Old 06-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #10
Magragon

delphidb96
Thank you for reply. I've already read openinkpot Thank you for your research. But I don't need to convert Netronix into Gen3 right now. Maybe, in future I'll ask you some question about it (on IRC, of course).

I have EB-100 with STK-101 firmware, version 1.11.
STK is a proprietary book "container". OK.
On the first step I should try to learn how to make correct STK-files from my own TXT files. Further I'll think about other possibilities (change firmware etc.)

I don't quite understand why STK-maker (eREAD program) produces incorrect files, which couldn't be open by Netronix. On the other hand, CommanderROR made some STK-files by himself (2 versions of "Alice"), and Netronix opens all his files successfully. What kind of software he used?

2micro
Have you made STK files by yourself? Was this procedure successful?
If you do, what kind of software you used?
Old 06-13-2008, 05:27 PM   #11
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Hi

I used the old eRead 3.0 Software. The 6.0 also worked (but was all chinese) so I can vouch for those programs, but not the new 7.0 version I have never heard of...

Unfortunately the old download links I know of don't work anymore, so I can't tell you where to get an old eRead Software.
The STAReBOOK was discontinued anyway, so I'm rather surprised the eRead software is still being developed...I thought it was the same guys working on it...
Old 06-20-2008, 02:47 AM   #12
Magragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR View Post
Hi

I used the old eRead 3.0 Software. The 6.0 also worked (but was all chinese) so I can vouch for those programs, but not the new 7.0 version I have never heard of...
Thank you. I have not found any links to older versions of eRead.
Here: http://english1.isoshu.com/reader/index_homepage.html is 7.0 only, any other sources contain this link also or dead links.
How could I obtain an old version? Maybe, you have it?
Old 06-20-2008, 03:27 AM   #13
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

I'm sorry, but I do not have the old version anymore. I got it from eread.co.nz but that site is probably also down by now.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:20 AM   #14
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR View Post
I'm sorry, but I do not have the old version anymore. I got it from eread.co.nz but that site is probably also down by now.

I finally got a copy of the latest EB-100 update kernel firmware from Netronix, so I'm good to go on that, but I've yet to find a decent version of STK-Maker...

In any case, it's really a moot point for me as I've already taken the plunge and "updated" my EB-100 to the Cybook Version 1.0 Build 538 firmware. Works great!

Derek
Old 08-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #15
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
I finally got a copy of the latest EB-100 update kernel firmware from Netronix, so I'm good to go on that, but I've yet to find a decent version of STK-Maker...

In any case, it's really a moot point for me as I've already taken the plunge and "updated" my EB-100 to the Cybook Version 1.0 Build 538 firmware. Works great!

Derek

You know... I never did post the update_kernal.zip file that works with the EB-100. Here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Update Kernal.rar (5.60 MB, 1161 views)