Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 08-02-2020, 12:05 AM   #1
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Story HD usb port

I can't get my computer to recognize my iriver story hd. It has been do so until this time. I am wondering is it could be the usb port gone bad. I have software 1.34 US. Is there a way to reset it to see if that helps?
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 12:15 PM   #2
CJJ
Zealot
CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: laptop, iriver Story HD, Galaxy Tab2 10.1
Does it still charge the battery when you plug it in and choose the charging option vs the connect removable disk option? Have you tried a different cable? Do you use Calibre to load books? I still use my HD and have yet to have the problem you describe. You can reset settings by going option-settings-system settings-reset all settings. Not sure that'll help this problem.
CJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 01:07 PM   #3
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJJ View Post
Does it still charge the battery when you plug it in and choose the charging option vs the connect removable disk option? Have you tried a different cable? Do you use Calibre to load books? I still use my HD and have yet to have the problem you describe. You can reset settings by going option-settings-system settings-reset all settings. Not sure that'll help this problem.

The computer does not see it at all. It charges. I can choose between charge and connect. I have tried many cables.

Last edited by Gardenman; 08-02-2020 at 01:13 PM.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 03:19 PM   #4
CJJ
Zealot
CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: laptop, iriver Story HD, Galaxy Tab2 10.1
That's too bad. Not much traffic on this subforum these days. Might want to message frostchutz (if he's still involved with the forum). He was one of the more technical guys on the iriverHD. Best of luck.
CJJ is offline   Reply With Quote