Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 11-26-2017, 05:25 AM   #1
lizzielou
Connoisseur
lizzielou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, 300, 350 & 650
Bookdesigner and heart symbol in lrf files

Does anyone know how to put the heart symbol in an lrf file using Bookdesigner (I prefer to use this for conversion over Calibre)

I am reading a book where someone writes "I (heart) you" but it is just coming out as "I you". I am converting from a word file and like to make all my books to be lrf (not epub as a lot of people prefer) and I would like to know if and how I can get this symbol recognised.

I would appreciate any help.
lizzielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 07:51 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Is the heart character visible if you open your LRF in the calibre LRF Viewer?

If it's visible in the calibre Viewer but not on your PRS-505 then it's possible that the problem is due to the PRS-505 default font not actually containing the heart character. As I recall it was a rather limited font.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:08 AM   #3
lizzielou
Connoisseur
lizzielou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, 300, 350 & 650
For some reason I can't seem to open some lrf books with calibre, but if I load the epub version onto the reader it works so the symbol is available on the reader font
lizzielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:25 AM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Sorry, can't think of anything else at the moment.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:51 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
LRF files use 8-bit character encoding; ePub files use Unicode. It's almost unquestionably a character encoding issue. You'll need to set the codepage of the book to one which contains that symbol (if any do).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 12:22 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzielou View Post
For some reason I can't seem to open some lrf books with calibre, but if I load the epub version onto the reader it works so the symbol is available on the reader font
So stick with the ePub version.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote