Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #31
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
It should work for the mac as well (if the software saves it in a sqllite db).
I tried the decrypt portion on the mac and it fires up. I am talking about the key retrieval portion.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:18 AM   #32
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur
i♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
It should work for the mac as well (if the software saves it in a sqllite db).
Unfortunately the Mac version of the application appears to be a completely different code base (wtf?) and doesn't cache the crypto keys the same way. But I have figured out the algorithm used to generate the user AES key for EPUB decryption from the name + CC number -- I just need to finish coding up a friendly script.
i♥cabbages is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 09:27 AM   #33
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by i♥cabbages View Post
Unfortunately the Mac version of the application appears to be a completely different code base (wtf?) and doesn't cache the crypto keys the same way. But I have figured out the algorithm used to generate the user AES key for EPUB decryption from the name + CC number -- I just need to finish coding up a friendly script.
Sweet! And that should work on any OS.

Now, if there was a way to combine the B&N ePub with the Digital Editions one to have an all purpose ePub script
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:40 AM   #34
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is there a free book with DRM from B&N that I can try this on? Just want to make sure it works for me before I start purchasing from B&N. Also, are all the B&N books now in EPUB and if not, is there anyway to find out what format the ebooks are in?
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:53 AM   #35
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerLock View Post
Is there a free book with DRM from B&N that I can try this on? Just want to make sure it works for me before I start purchasing from B&N. Also, are all the B&N books now in EPUB and if not, is there anyway to find out what format the ebooks are in?

Jon had posted a link to a Star Trek book that was in the new B&N DRM-EPUB format. I'm not seeing it right off the bat...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 11:58 AM   #36
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Jon had posted a link to a Star Trek book that was in the new B&N DRM-EPUB format. I'm not seeing it right off the bat...
It's under the free books.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:04 PM   #37
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That is the one I tested this on last night and it worked like a champ.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #38
edembowski
Zealot
edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Nook Color, iPad
So, the extraction script failed for me, but I opened the database using a sqlite3 tool, and found that you want to put the 'value 3' field and the 'value 2' field into your bnepubkey.b64 file.

For Mac users, since the reader app runs under Wine, you should be able to do this on a Mac as well (using the windows version with wine).

- Ed
edembowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #39
Paul58
A Reader with no Reader..
Paul58 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Pocket Edition, B&N Nook
What about a script that removes the DRM from the B&N PDB e-books. I downloaded a group of free e-books from B&N and didn't realize they were .pdb files! Fortunately they were free...
Paul58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:44 PM   #40
kennyc

There is that out there already, it creates HTML files, which I guess is what pdb is.

Check this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=674930
Old 12-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #41
edembowski
Zealot
edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Nook Color, iPad
You can write a script to convert it quickly to epub. Let's say you ran ereader2html and out put to some direcotry 'foo'. You can run ebook-convert (from calibre) to convert it to epub, and then import to calibre.

- Ed

The key gen is now posted on the site. They both work on a Mac flawlessly.

Last edited by edembowski; 12-22-2009 at 10:22 PM.
edembowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:34 PM   #42
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
It's under the free books.
Thanks, found the book and the decryption worked!
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:01 PM   #43
Lloyd Simcoe
immortal observer
Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by i♥cabbages View Post
Details on my blog, in the post Circumventing Barnes & Noble DRM for EPUB.
Wow, very cool!
Lloyd Simcoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:56 AM   #44
bookworm425
bookworm425 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
So can you put, in laymans terms, how to get the Barnes and Noble PDB to an unencrypted ePub format? I am trying to put it on my Sony PRS-600.
bookworm425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:19 AM   #45
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm425 View Post
So can you put, in laymans terms, how to get the Barnes and Noble PDB to an unencrypted ePub format?
You need to use the Dark Reverser's ereader2html.py script and then Calibre on the resulting HTML. Unfortunately, ereader2html is a command-line python script - so you need to open a command window to run it.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote