Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-21-2008, 04:41 PM   #46
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Having lived in San Antonio, I can say without preamble, that there is, too, South Texan:

Tire the Mericas: Tower of the Americas
There is an entire "South Texas Dictionary."

My favorite is: The longest word in a South Texan's vocabulary: Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!
Oh hell .... that's just a plain ol' drawl and you know it. Pffft.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:43 PM   #47
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Eat Switzerland? I imagine it has a neutral flavor. Texas would taste like Mexican food (that's a compliment), and while I've heard of Baked Alaska, I've never had it.

I travel as much as you do, Elsi, and to all the same places, but I never know about it more than 3 weeks in advance. I'm going to Atlanta next, and will learn exactly when tomorrow.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2008, 04:44 PM   #48
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Eat Switzerland? I imagine it has a neutral flavor. Texas would taste like Mexican food (that's a compliment), and while I've heard of Baked Alaska, I've never had it.

I travel as much as you do, Elsi, and to all the same places, but I never know about it more than 3 weeks in advance. I'm going to Atlanta next, and will learn exactly when tomorrow.
stop it, stop it !!! my groaning muscle is going to explode if this keeps up.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:47 PM   #49
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Well, if anyone does decide to make a few days of it

Then, as noted ... you are more than welcome to drive up to the Hill Country and stay with me. It's only about 45 minutes from Austin, and we've got a really great winery right near here (we could have a tasting). Also, there's a nice pool ... just bring your suit ... and we could have ourselves a barbeque poolside. Also, the Longhorn Caverns are near me ... and those are really interesting (and literally sooooo coooool).

So .... that way it's more like a mini vacation ....
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:47 PM   #50
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Where, exactly, is the groaning muscle located? I might be able to recommend some stretches.
Advert
Old 07-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #51
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Where, exactly, is the groaning muscle located? I might be able to recommend some stretches.
please do. any stretches you can recommend would help, i'm sure.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:52 PM   #52
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Let's confer privately. Queen/Consort confidentiality.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #53
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Let's confer privately. Queen/Consort confidentiality.
if you think that's best, i'll trust your judgement.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:09 PM   #54
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
It's right next to the spleen, isn't it? Maybe between the spleen and the head.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #55
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
welll.... but switzerland is really on the small side, even by more normal european standards (...france is about the same size as texas... ) but i guess the lesson here is, if someone wants to have a meet in alaska, they might need more than one !

but, how did this come up, exactly ?
more that one meeting in Alaska? Are they going to meet by themselves?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #56
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I live in Houston and well it's a 3 hour drive to reach Austin/San Antonio area. But it's doable.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:41 PM   #57
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
i would just like to share with y'all the ad that google served up on the bottom of this page for me.

i hope you'll enjoy it as much as i did.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	elasticsteel.png
Views:	275
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	14610  
Old 07-23-2008, 07:43 PM   #58
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
i would just like to share with y'all the ad that google served up on the bottom of this page for me.

Please.....not even this CAT can do those..(note to self......stay AWAY from the chocolate....._
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:47 PM   #59
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:

Ahhh, The beauty of FireFox with AdBlockPlus. No Google Ads.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:48 PM   #60
zelda_pinwheel

hee. it's back again.

Tags
duck!, meet-up, texas, usa