Notices

Old 12-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
Funso
Funso began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Basic New 613
Bricked PB 613

Hi all.
I bought my PB about month ago, and two days ago, this happened to me:
I wanted to turn on my PB but it freeze on the first screen (the one where are the advantages of PB listed). The green light on power button lights. I waited about half an hour but nothing happened, so I pressed the reset button. After the reset, the screen refreshed, but stayed blank and nothing other happened. I tried reset few times but still noting, either diode still lights. After hour or two, I tried reset again, but nothing happend at all, nor the refresh or something. Only the green light still lights. I wasn't at home, so I can't try to connect to USB.
Next day, when I came back home, the diode wasn't lighting, but still can't be turned on reseted or anything else. It happened to me once before that, I don't how, but i made it work again back then. That time, I used old firmware (3.3.3 I think). After that, I updated to 3.3.4, because I read somewhere, it fixes problem with random lags when reading etc. The random lag problem doesn't happened to me after update, but since the update, I used PB about two times before it get bricked.
Now, when I connect PB to PC, the diode lights green, but nothing else happening, buttons, reset, nothing work.
My PC recognize the device as "NS blank CODEX" but, it disconnected very soon after connection.
Is there any possibility to make my PB work again, or it's totaly broken and needed repair? I tried to search for this problem, but I can't find nothing. Only thing I found, that "NS blank CODEX" showed at bricked Kindle Touch, too. I thing, it's something with used chipset, because both Kindle and PB used Freescale chipsets.
Thanks for your replies and sorry for my bad english.
Funso is offline   Reply With Quote