Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-05-2018, 04:51 AM   #1
mengenstrom
mengenstrom began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino
PDF to EPUB --> grey background

Hello to all of you,

I have a problem converting PDF documents to EPUB files. In earlier times it worked quite well, but in recent days Calibre makes a grey background, what makes the EPUB very hard to read. Do you know any solutions hints?

Thank you.
mengenstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:43 AM   #2
mengenstrom

This issue is really important for me, can you please help me?
Old 06-06-2018, 03:45 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=297623
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:59 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
In other words, a fix will be in the next release of calibre.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:11 AM   #5
mengenstrom

Thank you.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:47 AM   #6
mengenstrom

Today I installed the update, and NOTHING has changed. Again a dark grey background, when converting from pdf to epub. So I have deinstalled Calibre and installed an earlier version from Dec 2017, which worked without failure.

I cannot recommand any updates, because the results are worse than in earlier versions.

Grrr. I'm angry. Why does this not work properly? I has. And now it doesn't. Why??
Old 06-22-2018, 03:18 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I believe the fix was supposed to be in 3.26. Is that the update you have?

This is also being discussed in this thread

The cause seems to have been a change in the (third-party) PDF to html tool that calibre uses.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 05:24 AM   #8
mengenstrom

The latest update was 3.26.1 - thank you.