Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-11-2020, 01:15 PM   #46
Lusephur
Connoisseur
Lusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Are patches available, or do the changes require more work?
I just want to remove the slide to unlock on my forma. (it's bloody annoying, what were they thinking?)
Other than that, everything else seems to be working fine for me.
Lusephur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:33 PM   #47
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusephur View Post
I just want to remove the slide to unlock on my forma. (it's bloody annoying, what were they thinking?)
Other than that, everything else seems to be working fine for me.
No need for patches, Edit the .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf file, in the
[PowerOptions] section, add:
UnlockEnabled=false

If using windows, Install and use Notepad++ to edit this file.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2020, 01:36 PM   #48
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusephur View Post
They're nearly finished (@jackie_w just needs to update a few of them, and I need to test the libnickel ones). I'll probably be releasing them by tomorrow night along with the NickelMenu update.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:38 PM   #49
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Darn. @rashkae beat me to the answer.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:51 PM   #50
astoriedsoul
Enthusiast
astoriedsoul began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Arc 7, iPad Mini 2
Ugh. I can't stand the new navigation. It reminds me of the Nook home screen navigation, and I can't stand that either. Oh the clutter...

Kobo had such a clean looking home screen before IMO.

Going to rollback and disable updates...

astoriedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2020, 01:51 PM   #51
Lusephur
Connoisseur
Lusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
UnlockEnabled=false

Rashkae, I don't know who you are, you were you came from, but I love you.
Thank you so much for this.
Lusephur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:57 PM   #52
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Okay. That was painless. The device remembered my 'devmodeon' and 140% large print settings.

That slider in the lists needs a way to go forward or back one page only. I have a LOT of collections, which makes the slider VERY approximate. Especially with big fingers.

Last edited by Calenorn; 08-11-2020 at 03:06 PM.
Calenorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 03:04 PM   #53
mirage
Zealot
mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 6 phone, Kobo Clara HD, Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As has been noticed, firmware version 4.23.15505 has been released. This should be going to all the devices since the Touch except for the Mini. The rollout will follow Kobo's usual pattern

I do not know of any other changes. If I find more, I will add them here.

calibre
For calibre, there are no changes except to bump the supported firmware version. I will be making this change ready for the next release. For those who do not want to update the calibre version, it is safe to use the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option in the drivers.
Duly noted. Thanks.
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 03:06 PM   #54
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Had a look at .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf file and there's nothing to keep the clock always on, one can always hope.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 03:40 PM   #55
s4nder
Connoisseur
s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Windows won't recognize my device after this update.

Edit: It worked in a different port. Strange.

Last edited by s4nder; 08-11-2020 at 03:43 PM.
s4nder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 04:15 PM   #56
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManRevolution View Post
Thanks for the screenshots! I am assuming it will be but do you know if it's still possible to swipe left and right on the "my books" menus to move through your book collection even if pages are no longer displayed? I don't mind having that view but I don't particularly like scrolling in these screens.
Yes. Just be careful not to cross the scroll bar or the pill will jump to where you crossed the bar.

Last edited by DNSB; 08-11-2020 at 04:18 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 04:27 PM   #57
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
UnlockEnabled=false

Best trick I've seen yet! No idea why only the Forma has that stupid "Swipe to Unlock" feature (if you can call it that)...
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:11 PM   #58
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Is Kobo pushing OTA updates yet? I've done a sync, and no update is showing up for me.

I'm not sure whether I care to download it manually, or just wait...
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:31 PM   #59
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Is Kobo pushing OTA updates yet? I've done a sync, and no update is showing up for me.

I'm not sure whether I care to download it manually, or just wait...
It isn't yet on all affiliates. As usual, it hasn't rolled out to "rakutenbooks" yet, as it's usually last. Notably, it hasn't rolled out to the "kobo" affiliate, which has previously been almost immediately. See the table at the bottom of https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:10 PM   #60
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Best trick I've seen yet! No idea why only the Forma has that stupid "Swipe to Unlock" feature (if you can call it that)...
Kindles have the same thing but for much longer.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release