Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 02-13-2018, 06:21 PM   #1
Atlantis50
Atlantis50 began at the beginning.

Device: Marvin
Annotations

Really basic question here: How do I make an annotation in Marvin 3? I have no idea. There's no pen with a plus (+) sign that I see (at least on my iPhone). Am I missing something? Am I totally clueless? What am I doing wrong?

I realize most of you are way past this, but you gotta start somewhere.

Thanks so much.
Atlantis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:04 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
There's no plus sign but there's a pen. Dunno if it's the default layout but on my iPhone, the pen/highlight icon is the second to the last icon (in between the share and search icons).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2018, 12:58 PM   #3
Atlantis50

I'm familiar with the pen. But, as far as I can figure out, the pen only allows me to highlight; I can't figure out how to make annotations (notes). How do I write words/comments/notes on a particular text? That's what I don't understand.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:11 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
After you highlight, tap on the highlighted text and then tap on the pen icon again.

If you want to automatically go into editing mode everytime, you can customize the menu that pops up by going to EPUB book settings - Text Selection Menu - Manage. The plus (+) icon on the bottom lets you add both built-in presets and custom commands.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:42 PM   #5
Atlantis50

Got it. Thank you very much!
Advert

Tags
annotate, annotations