Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 08:33 PM   #1036
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:44 PM   #1037
scionmessenger
Enthusiast
scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Color PB633
@Davidfor, received, and installed. Thanks, worked great!
Advert
Old 09-21-2020, 11:44 AM   #1038
bradrempel
bradrempel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
N647 firmware

@davidfor could I get the correct firmware from you for the N647 please?
Old 09-21-2020, 08:19 PM   #1039
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:52 PM   #1040
mutley99
mutley99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hi I too am looking for the n647 firmware. Thanks
Advert
Old 09-25-2020, 06:46 PM   #1041
Svail74
Svail74 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi
@davidfor
I also find myself in need of the the firmware for the N647.
If you would be so kind as to pass it on to me as well?
Please, and thank-you in advance.

SMV
Old 09-25-2020, 09:19 PM   #1042
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@Svail74, @mutley99: PM sent.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:04 AM   #1043
anct2019@gmail.c
anct2019@gmail.c began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO WIFI N 647
I have the same problem with my Kobo WiFi N647. Could DavidFor please send me a link to the SD card image download. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:00 AM   #1044
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@anct2019@gmail.c: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:12 PM   #1045
FixerLady
FixerLady began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi ereader N647
Hi folks, not tech saavy here so in need of some layman terms step by step instructions.
I have a Kobo WiFi N647, software 1.9.12 (10/16/14).
I replaced the crack screen and everything was working except there were no books found in the library despite the e-drive and desktop showing that there were. @davidfor was kind enough to send me the SD card image. Here's what I did: I unlplugged the power, I pulled out the SD card from the ereader and using my laptop, I removed the partitions, deleted everything on the card and reformatted it, then wrote the SD image (from davidfor) back onto the card using Win32 imager. For whatever reason, it created 2 empty drives in addition to the drive where the image files went to. I formated these two drives as well but they are empty. I plugged the SD card back into the copy, reconnected power and attempted to turn it on. It looked like it was about to, but then frozen on the screen that says "Kobo ereading, anytime anyplace", with the blue power light solid and on. I also tried to reset it with the pin hole at the back, it looked like it restarted, and nothing changed, still frozen on the same screen with blue light on.

Any suggestions?

Also, can someone (developer) please tell me which file is it exactly that aids the communication between the library and the books on the disk? And which file also indicates who the reader belongs to? I have a copy of my mother-in-laws kobo-same version, which I could use, but I'd like to keep my kobo under my name. Thanks to everyone in advance!
Old 10-24-2020, 07:23 PM   #1046
FixerLady

still need help

I have a Kobo WiFi N647 sofware version 1.9.12 (10/16/14). davidfor was kind enough to provide me with the SD image. I undid power, took out SD card, removed partitions, deleted all info and reformatted card, and then wrote the SD image (from davidfor) onto the SD card (which for some reason, also created another 2 drives which I formatted but nothing is in them).

Put the card back into the e-reader, reattached the power, and tried to fire it up. It didn't get past the first screen before it froze, and the blue power light stayed on solid. Nothing has changed since writing this post. I imagine power will run out eventually. I also tried to a pinhole reset but it didn't change things - still frozen. Any ideas?

Also, can anyone tell me exactly what file/files are responsible for the communication between the library and the books that are there on the disk?

As well as, what file tells the Kobo reader who the reader belongs to? I might be able to copy my mother-laws same kobo files, but her name shows up as owner and it doesn't let me get in on desktop app.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:23 PM   #1047
FixerLady

It worked finally! Had to re-do and reset several times for some reason, but it finally took! Thanks.
Old 11-07-2020, 10:22 PM   #1048
icyjbourne
icyjbourne began at the beginning.

@davidfor I'm also having some problems with my N647. Will really appreciate your help for the firmware.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-08-2020, 12:56 AM   #1049
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@icyjbourne: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:16 AM   #1050
icyjbourne
icyjbourne began at the beginning.

@davidfor I've posted in the link you've given for it to be enabled. Will update you again.
Closed Thread

Tags
image, kobo, kobo wifi, sd card, wifi