Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-02-2023, 06:25 AM   #16
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Sync on two devices to sync.

I wonder how many people actually read the same book on more than one device?
No-one I know personally and I know at least 16 people using ereaders or apps (none seem to use both), here, IRL.
I usually listen to audible during commute (many now have whispersync to the ebook), sometimes I use the app when there's no audiobook and I have 10 minutes to kill on the subway but don't have the kindle with me. It's super convenient.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 08:39 AM   #17
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
I usually listen to audible during commute (many now have whispersync to the ebook), sometimes I use the app when there's no audiobook and I have 10 minutes to kill on the subway but don't have the kindle with me. It's super convenient.
But that's audio books. A phone blanks display and thus an eink has no advantage. The only advantage for eink is reading. They are less good than a phone for audible and especially non-audible (Podcasts, mp3 music, non-audible audio books).

TTS is now worse to use on a Kindle compared to the KK3 or DXG. I use Pocketbook on Android 5 to 11 for TTS. Sync is by remembering where I was, as neither Kobo or Amazon is going to sync my Pocketbook app.

Last edited by Quoth; 11-02-2023 at 08:43 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2023, 08:40 AM   #18
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Sync on two devices to sync.

I wonder how many people actually read the same book on more than one device?
No-one I know personally and I know at least 16 people using ereaders or apps (none seem to use both), here, IRL.
I read on several devices and sync my reading position between them. This only works for my Android devices (ereaders with apps!). I mostly read other books on the Libra 2.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 08:53 AM   #19
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
But that's audio books. A phone blanks display and thus an eink has no advantage. The only advantage for eink is reading. They are less good than a phone for audible and especially non-audible (Podcasts, mp3 music, non-audible audio books).
I am unable to follow you. This is my setup (for kindle content):
  • Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen) - my default device.
  • iPhone - for audiobooks on Audible or libro.fm. Audible usually syncs to kindle books.
  • iPhone (Kindle app) - when I don't have my kindle on hand.

I'm not using my Paperwhite for audiobooks. I find that tedious because the device is too large for my pockets.
Old 11-02-2023, 09:24 AM   #20
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
I'm not using my Paperwhite for audiobooks. I find that tedious because the device is too large for my pockets.
Exactly.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2023, 02:47 PM   #21
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
I think the point is that whispersync is extremely convenient for those who alternate reading on the Kindle, and then listening to same book via Audible (probably on a phone) during a commute, or chores, or whatever. The Audible version starts up just where the ebook left off and vice versa.

Last edited by Desertway; 11-02-2023 at 03:13 PM.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 04:15 PM   #22
rantanplan
Guru

Indeed