Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-04-2023, 07:26 PM   #1
Smoking_waters
Smoking_waters began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Looking for a good 6" device

Hi, first post here. I have a Kindle PW2 and a friend of mine travels to the US. I want to ask him to bring me a new e-reader one but i have trouble deciding which one.
Budget: ~150-200 USD

Things i want
- Warm Light
- Koreader Support ( for the file manager)
- USB C
- 6" with 300 PPI or more

I was thinking of Kobo Clara 2E but the koreader wiki mentions stability issues.
Can someone give me advice?
Smoking_waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 08:08 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
As far as I am aware, the issues with the Clara 2e were fixed.. The last item I saw on the GitHub support thread for the Clara 2e was to the affect most of the issues were fixed. @NiLuJe would be the best person to check with. The only person I know with a Clara 2e and using KOReader purchased the Clara 2e in April, 2023 and so far, has not said that they were seeing any issues worth complaining about. I'm assuming they would have complained in my direction since I was the one who helped them use the OCP package to do the install.

Last edited by DNSB; 08-04-2023 at 08:15 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2023, 08:27 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I like my Libra 2. I got mine via Walmart, but I forgot how much
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 07:04 AM   #4
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking_waters View Post
Hi, first post here. I have a Kindle PW2 and a friend of mine travels to the US. I want to ask him to bring me a new e-reader one but i have trouble deciding which one.
Budget: ~150-200 USD

Things i want
- Warm Light
- Koreader Support ( for the file manager)
- USB C
- 6" with 300 PPI or more

I was thinking of Kobo Clara 2E but the koreader wiki mentions stability issues.
Can someone give me advice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I like my Libra 2. I got mine via Walmart, but I forgot how much
OP, note that the Libra 2 is a 7" reader.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 07:06 AM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I recently got a Clara 2E and like it. It can do all your wants. Mine has been pretty well behaved (I don't use koreader).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert