Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-06-2020, 03:54 PM   #1
jmmd48
jmmd48 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Error Messages because of duplicate IDs (anchors)

I got careless adding endnotes to an ebook and created duplicate anchors with the same name that led to the error message below when I try to validate the book.

ERROR(RSC-005): ./books/Bo/databases/eBookIt/temp_uploads/1596678236.epub/OEBPS/Text/Endnotes.xhtml(14,48): Error while parsing file: Duplicate ID 'EndnotesChapter1_3'

I want to have the ebook work on Google Play Books so that if users download free ebooks from my site at URL REMOVED BY MODERATOR,
they will be able to read it in Google Play Books. Google is currently rejecting it.

I have searched Sigil and can't find where to delete the extra ID.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Last edited by KevinH; 08-06-2020 at 05:11 PM. Reason: url was not relevant to question and self promotion is not allowed in this forum
jmmd48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 04:56 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
The error message explains that the id attribute "EndnotesChapter1_3" is used twice.

Load the epub into Sigil and use Search in the file "Endnotes.xhtml" to see exactly where this id string is being used twice and change one of the ids making sure the one you change is unique and then look for that id in other files href fragments to find your links to those ids and update them properly.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2020, 08:51 PM   #3
jmmd48
jmmd48 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
The error message explains that the id attribute "EndnotesChapter1_3" is used twice.

Load the epub into Sigil and use Search in the file "Endnotes.xhtml" to see exactly where this id string is being used twice and change one of the ids making sure the one you change is unique and then look for that id in other files href fragments to find your links to those ids and update them properly.
Thank you. Your solution worked perfectly.
jmmd48 is offline   Reply With Quote