Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-26-2016, 09:09 PM   #1
PatheticMelody
PatheticMelody began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
Unable to login and/or download from cloud storage sites

Hi all,
  • I am at 1.0.0.7 version of my PRS-T1 (non-rooted) and could not login to my dropbox account. The dropbox says error403, something wrong bla bla.
  • I tried google drive with no success, able to logon but blank screen.
  • Lastly I tried box.com , I am able to login and see my files, downloading of jpeg files are successful, but epub download fails with "the content is not supported on the Reader" message.
  • Anyone else having the similar problems? What do you suggest to download epubs from cloud?
PatheticMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:28 PM   #2
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Have you tried rebooting the reader? Do a Device Shutdown and let it reboot and see if that helps the problem.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2016, 09:41 PM   #3
PatheticMelody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
Have you tried rebooting the reader? Do a Device Shutdown and let it reboot and see if that helps the problem.
Hemmi, Thanks for the reply. I have just completed the shutdown & reboot. Unfortunately it did not helped. Actually I have not been used the device for a long period and recently I upgraded it to 1.0.0.7 version. But I am sure that I was able to download my files using dropbox before, at least on version 1.0.0.5
Regards.
Selcuk
Old 06-27-2016, 10:23 PM   #4
DoctorM
Groupie
DoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: none
I think something has changed with Dropbox. I hadn't used it in awhile, but decided to check tonight and yeah, I'm seeing the same thing.

Edit: Just googled this, try clearing your cookies. It should work afterwards.
I don't know if you have to do this every time, but the problem isn't restricted to just our ereaders.
Edit 2: Except this doesn't work for me.

Last edited by DoctorM; 06-27-2016 at 10:31 PM.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:51 AM   #5
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I just got a Nook HD+ and when I went to put Dropbox on it, I got the "not compatible with this device" message. Which is strange, I have a Nook HD and Dropbox is on that. So, maybe it is just Dropbox.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2016, 03:15 PM   #6
PatheticMelody

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
I think something has changed with Dropbox. I hadn't used it in awhile, but decided to check tonight and yeah, I'm seeing the same thing.

Edit: Just googled this, try clearing your cookies. It should work afterwards.
I don't know if you have to do this every time, but the problem isn't restricted to just our ereaders.
Edit 2: Except this doesn't work for me.
It did not work for me neither.
Thanks for the reply.