Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 07:59 AM   #1
DanBenton
DanBenton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Tinted backgrounds boxes - epub and Mobi

Hi

A pretty dull question to start off, so apologies to any casual readers.
Trying to get my head around what I need to do to make epub files that can export reasonably easily to Mobi.
Kindle spacing is a bit of an issue but that's quick to fix; the thing that's really bugging me is spacing on div boxes with a background colour: the spacing looks fine in epub, but as soon as I convert the file to Mobi and display on Kindle Previewer for iPad, the box tint starts right on the heels of the previous paragraph and then cuts off immediately at the end of the boxed text.
I've tried various combinations of margin- and padding-top/bottom but with no luck. The only reliable way I found of doing it keeping the margins at 0 and then adding a para with a non-breaking space before and after, but that can't be the only way of doing it. What am I missing?!
Thanks for bearing with!
Dan
DanBenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:22 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
The Mobipocket format, and probably its box model, is very simple. All vertical spacing is done through the "height" property, which equals top-margin, or top-padding, it seems. I wouldn't be surprised if your solution is the only working one.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert