Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-29-2023, 03:54 PM   #1
Aktive
Enthusiast
Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle paperwhite 2018, Kindle 4
Which ereader or ereader technology has an almost white background like a sheet paper

Hello,

Can someone give me a concrete answer which ereader or technology has a background screen that is as white or almost as white as a sheet of paper?
Thanks. At the moment I only see grey ones which is not pleasant to read for me. I dont consider light a solution.
Aktive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 04:24 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
None of them. Without the light on they are all grey.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 04:26 PM   #3
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
There is no such technology. Carta 1200 screens have the best contrast of any current e-paper screen, but the canvas is still grey, not white. If you want a white canvas, you have to use LCD or OLED and deal with the eye strain such displays can cause after prolonged use.

Your profile indicates you have the Libra 2, and that has the best e-paper screen you can currently get.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 06:55 PM   #4
Aktive
Enthusiast
Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aktive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

there seems to be a new technology called DES slurry
Old 07-29-2023, 07:52 PM   #5
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktive View Post
Seems to be vaporware.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 09:56 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Like so many other challengers for eInk, the product seems to have vanished.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 03:27 AM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
At the moment I only see grey ones which is not pleasant to read for me. I dont consider light a solution.
How do you read older paper books? They are less bright than a libra.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 04:49 PM   #8
Aktive
Enthusiast

I dont have books that have darker paper than ereaders
Old 08-01-2023, 08:57 AM   #9
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I don't think I've ever seen a paper book with white pages. Not when compared with even low quality printer paper. The front light used on the Paperwhite Kindle I have with the adjustable warm light comes the closest when adjusted to the "warm amber".
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 11:27 AM   #10
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
I dont have books that have darker paper than ereaders
Unless they are glossy artstyle hardbacks they will soon be darker. I have about 3000 paper books and most are darker (though yellow/orange rather than greyish).

Celtic Art in Pagan and Christian Times, 1993 hardback is brighter.
House of Many Ways, bought new last year, a paperback, is less bright, though a faint orange tinge rather than grey.
A POD proof of a paperback three years old is brighter, but POD doesn't use the same kind of paper as conventional print run. Printed using more like a laser printer than a lithographic "press" with drums and printer's ink.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 09:44 AM   #11
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Gray I don't mind. But I find eink screens gray-green, which I do mind.
Like the great grey-green greasy Limpopo river.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote