Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
kimshy
kimshy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Cool Sony 505, doesnt turn off, doesnt charge ,,help

i have had my Sony 505 for about 1and half year and i love it..

but now i need lots of help.

all was ok untill i travelled with it ( 9 hrs flight) after landing i tried to turn it on and it wont..after charging it on the computer it would turn off immediatly after. do this kind of things get virussss ............

when i got back home, i bought a new battery,( not original, didnt know where to get the original - i live in Germany).

my current battery, wont turn off, even after a whole night of charging it directly, it goes of within an hour...

am so confused...i can only read when its charging...
Germany -sony customer service told me its not worthy to send it for repair ..imagine imagine they broke my heart ((or is it tooo old??

help
kimshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
kimshy, i would try it again with the original battery and a dedicated external charger (Sony PSP charger is ok). Sometimes if the battery of the PRS-505 is completly emtpy it won't charge via USB...

PS: moved your post to the Sony forum where it fit's better...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert