Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-31-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
le_chiffre
le_chiffre began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Automatic adding is not working

Hi,
I've specified a folder in the "Automatic Adding" tab. This folder has a lot of *.mobi. Calibre asked me to restart the software for the changes to become active. I restarted Calibre, but Calibre didn't add anything. My library is still empty.
If I add folders manually through the "Add books" button, everything works fine.

I'm using:
Code:
$ calibre --version
calibre (calibre 0.8.45)
and I'm running Fedora release 16 (Verne) x86_64

Code:
$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 3.3.0-4.fc16.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Mar 20 18:05:40 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Any ideas? thanks!
le_chiffre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Does the (auto add) folder have all your permissions (rwx)?
Have you tried running Calibre in debug mode (Ctrl-Shift-R)

Post the Log inside spoiler tags if you need help with deciphering that.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
le_chiffre

Hi, thanks for your suggestions.

Permissions for the automatic adding folder:
drwxrwxr-x
Permissions for the Calibre library:
drwxrwxr-x

I reseted the add books options to their defaults. Then I've changed back to specify my folder of interest for automatic adding. This is the output I've got from debug mode:

Spoiler:
Code:
calibre Debug log
calibre 0.8.45
Linux-3.3.0-4.fc16.x86_64-x86_64-with-fedora-16-Verne
Linux
('Linux', '3.3.0-4.fc16.x86_64', '#1 SMP Tue Mar 20 18:05:40 UTC 2012')
Python 2.7.1
Linux: ('Fedora', '16', 'Verne')
Starting up...
Started up in 7.32 seconds with 0 books
Restarting with: /opt/calibre/bin/calibre-debug ['calibre-debug', u'--gui-debug', u'/tmp/tmp2JONo7.txt']
calibre Debug log
calibre 0.8.45
Linux-3.3.0-4.fc16.x86_64-x86_64-with-fedora-16-Verne
Linux
('Linux', '3.3.0-4.fc16.x86_64', '#1 SMP Tue Mar 20 18:05:40 UTC 2012')
Python 2.7.1
Linux: ('Fedora', '16', 'Verne')
Starting up...
Started up in 5.58 seconds with 0 books
Old 04-01-2012, 03:44 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
What happens if you copy the path from the box in automatic adding, then in a terminal window do "ls <paste the path here>"? Do you see your mobi files in the output of ls?

Note that the check boxes in the dialog are to be checked to ignore a format, not use a format. Is "mobi" checked? It should not be.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #5
le_chiffre

Hi Chaley,
The path and the checkboxes are fine. I suspect that Calibre isn't really scanning that folder. Maybe is some crap from SELinux . I'll be making some test today. If I find anything, I'll report it here.
Thanks
Advert
Old 04-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
I haven't used the auto add feature myself yet so this is a stab in the dark but what I got from your original post was that you directed the auto add to a directory that already contained files. Have you tried directing it to an empty directory and *then* added the files to it? I would assume it should work in the first situation but creating an empty directory and then adding would have been my next immediate step. Just a thought.
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #7
meinhoonna
meinhoonna began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I ran into this and figured out the problem (at least in Windows). I had space in folder name and removing that took care of it. I haven't look closely on how to report this as a bug and I have 0.9.28 version.
meinhoonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #8
Weekendmedic
Weekendmedic doesn't litterWeekendmedic doesn't litter

Device: Kindle, Android/Moon+
I've been having a similar issue, checked that my folder name was correct, and that I had no spaces. When I checked permissions, I was surprised to note that my folder was set to read-only, which I've corrected. Still no love.. any other ideas? Is there another switch I've missed that is disabling the auto-add feature?
Weekendmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekendmedic View Post
I've been having a similar issue, checked that my folder name was correct, and that I had no spaces. When I checked permissions, I was surprised to note that my folder was set to read-only, which I've corrected. Still no love.. any other ideas? Is there another switch I've missed that is disabling the auto-add feature?
It is not the Folders permissions (read only seem normal), but the files placed within. the must be allowed to be deleted (by calibre) when import is complete.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Moderator Notice
Moved thread to devices: topic is about troubleshooting

Tags
adding, automatic, automatic adding