Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-03-2017, 11:08 AM   #16
Cosimo
Groupie
Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
The only negative that I've encountered is that some things can't be returned early. The first audiobook I borrowed isn't returnable. I streamed this title (before figuring out how to download them). The second title I downloaded and was able to return it when finished.

I was also unable to return a book through the app.
Cosimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2017, 07:29 PM   #17
pmbourque2
pmbourque2 began at the beginning.

Device: My Droid phone
Question Which to choose

I like my Overdrive. Not as much as Moon Reader+, but I like it well enough. It's it worth switching?

Don't care about audio books, I'm hearing impaired.
pmbourque2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:31 AM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Hmm....just noticed a link for this from my local library....not sure what I might get from it that I don't already have....maybe just convenience....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:09 PM   #19
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK HD, Samsung GS7, Laptop, Desktop. RIP: Palms, NOOK Tablet, SGS4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbourque2 View Post
I like my Overdrive. Not as much as Moon Reader+, but I like it well enough. It's it worth switching?

Don't care about audio books, I'm hearing impaired.
I have both apps: Overdrive for borrowing and reading library books, and for obtaining SYNC YA audiobooks (which I then move into Media Monkey). I use Libby merely to see, at a glance, what books I have borrowed or placed on hold across the multiple public library systems I patronize. Forced to choose between the apps, I'd keep Overdrive and uninstall Libby.

(OT: Random movie line that sprang to mind while typing, "Leave the gun, keep the cannolis.")
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:41 PM   #20
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tab S8.4, Boyue T62, Galaxy S6, Nexus 7 LTE, Sony 950, K3 3G, Fire HDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
I have both apps: Overdrive for borrowing and reading library books, and for obtaining SYNC YA audiobooks (which I then move into Media Monkey). I use Libby merely to see, at a glance, what books I have borrowed or placed on hold across the multiple public library systems I patronize. Forced to choose between the apps, I'd keep Overdrive and uninstall Libby.

(OT: Random movie line that sprang to mind while typing, "Leave the gun, keep the cannolis.")
Is there an easy way to see what library you have holds on? I have the same book on hold at two libraries.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:32 PM   #21
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablets/K1/K3 BasicK/Voyage/Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Is there an easy way to see what library you have holds on? I have the same book on hold at two libraries.
Yes, Libby shows all that. Once you add all the libraries you have you can see holds in one place, loans in one place, search for books, etc. I have a book on 2 libraries right now on hold and it shows both in my hold list. I have access to 3 libraries so its really handy. I often put a book on hold at more than one, get it from whichever first and then take it off the other.

I only read on my kindles so I don't use the app to read, but its really handy to keep an eye on all the libraries in one app and its user friendly. I don't have to switch libraries to see the holds and loans, only if I want to look for books to borrow.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:28 PM   #22
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Yes, Libby shows all that. Once you add all the libraries you have you can see holds in one place, loans in one place, search for books, etc. I have a book on 2 libraries right now on hold and it shows both in my hold list. I have access to 3 libraries so its really handy. I often put a book on hold at more than one, get it from whichever first and then take it off the other.

I only read on my kindles so I don't use the app to read, but its really handy to keep an eye on all the libraries in one app and its user friendly. I don't have to switch libraries to see the holds and loans, only if I want to look for books to borrow.
It shows both in your hold list, but can you see which library each one is for? I know if one becomes available for me, I can just cancel the hold on the other. If you have reached your hold limit on one library it would be nice if you could see right away which library so you could cancel the hold for that library.

I was trying to see how many I have on hold at each library and what the hold limits are, but couldn't find it. Do you know if you can do that with Libby?
Old 09-14-2017, 07:38 PM   #23
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablets/K1/K3 BasicK/Voyage/Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
It shows both in your hold list, but can you see which library each one is for? I know if one becomes available for me, I can just cancel the hold on the other. If you have reached your hold limit on one library it would be nice if you could see right away which library so you could cancel the hold for that library.

I was trying to see how many I have on hold at each library and what the hold limits are, but couldn't find it. Do you know if you can do that with Libby?
You have to click on the book cover in the holds area, then you get the info on what library, you can cancel or edit the hold there, see where you are in the wait list and it also shows a borrowing history for the title. So for the book I have on hold at 2 libraries, it shows both of them listed as linked cards and that I have a hold on it and when I placed it.

I can't see anywhere about hold limits from that page. I haven't dug any deeper to see if that shows anywhere as I know my hold limits. Mine are all the same.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:54 PM   #24
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
You have to click on the book cover in the holds area, then you get the info on what library, you can cancel or edit the hold there, see where you are in the wait list and it also shows a borrowing history for the title. So for the book I have on hold at 2 libraries, it shows both of them listed as linked cards and that I have a hold on it and when I placed it.

I can't see anywhere about hold limits from that page. I haven't dug any deeper to see if that shows anywhere as I know my hold limits. Mine are all the same.
Thanks. I knew you could do that, I was looking for a lazy way to see it without having to tap on anything.

I just found the hold limit. If you choose Library Cards from the menu and tap the card it will show you how many loans you have out of your allowed limit, and how many holds you have out of your allowed limit.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:28 AM   #25
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK HD, Samsung GS7, Laptop, Desktop. RIP: Palms, NOOK Tablet, SGS4
My work is done, here.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote