Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Left of Centre: Freebies from Adobe, CS2

Adobe is giving away free programs with full access
Not sure how long it will last
Must register for FREE to access page
After you sign in, the page will show the download links with the serial number for each product

Products to be given away are:

Creative Suite 2
Acrobat 3D 1.0
Acrobat Standard 7.0
Acrobat Pro 8.0
Audition 3.0
GoLive CS2
Illustrator CS2
InCopy CS2
InDesign CS2
Photoshop CS2
Photoshop Elements 4.0/5.0
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0

There are limitations on suitable computers but if you have an older one, with older OS, you will be fine. Requirements are
Mac OS X v.10.2.8–v.10.3.8. PowerPC® G4 or G5 processor
Microsoft® Windows® 2000/Windows XP. Intel® Pentium® III or 4 processor
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Not free?, sounds like it's for existing owners because they're turning off the activation servers...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adrianki...ions-for-free/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Yes, this has been pointed out to me just an hour or so ago. I was under the impression that it was because the applications have been retired. You can't buy them, and if you have an older computer you sure as heck can't run the newer stuff, and you won't get any support for these... it might not be *quite* legal, but I can't see that its wrong to acquire. I use PS5 (and none of the other stuff)... I can't run this, computer and OS too new.

What makes little sense to me is... if you have a licence, why do you need the serials which are published on that page? You can download, you can install, they dont make any checks. You register, sign in, download and there are no challenges in the system, which surely there would be, if you did not have a licence (because if you did, it would be in the system against your account). Someone is telling porkies but I just dont know who.

In the meantime... you actually don't have to sign in, either. I really dont believe the Adobe guy... seriously... Adobe makes it impossible to download this kind of thing without signing in, normally. If this was not legit, that page would not be available to joe average at all. you *would* have to sign in, at the very least. Try getting any of the current demos without registration and signin.

I'm calling it legit, regardless of the Forbes report.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 01-08-2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: more info
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:41 AM   #4
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
I'm calling it legit, regardless of the Forbes report.
You seem exceptionally knowledgeable for a tabby cat.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #5
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
It's for people who already have CS2, it won't install on a computer unless you have a serial number.

Quote:
Effective December 13, Adobe disabled the activation server for CS2 products and Acrobat 7 because of a technical glitch. These products were released over 7 years ago and do not run on many modern operating systems. But to ensure that any customers activating those old versions can continue to use their software, we issued a serial number directly to those customers. While this might be interpreted as Adobe giving away software for free, we did it to help our customers.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
It's for people who already have CS2, it won't install on a computer unless you have a serial number.
They posted serial numbers right next to the downloads on their site.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #7
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
As I understand it, these are for if you need to reinstall, because the old activation servers for CS2 are being shut down. These "new" versions only require the serial number.

It could be argued that this is also a bit of a marketing ploy. They are after all eight year old versions of the apps. Adobe may be trying to see if anyone will upgrade to CS6 or "Creative Cloud" after having tried the "free" versions. I consider the fact that they are still available to be tacit acceptance by Adobe that anyone else could download the software. Realistically, anyone that is still using CS2 or already not a customer isn't much of a loss for Adobe anyway, and if it makes a new customer it is good for them.
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #8
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
I have heard that this software runs fine on a 64 bit Win 7

, i7 machine. I suspect it won't run on a Win8 OS machine, though I haven't heard from anyone who has tried. You will experience a nag to register the software which you can't do since the servers no longer exist. This appears to occur only upon launch and is easily ignored. Think of it as an ugly splash screen. Be advised, I am NOT encouraging anyone to violate Adobe's property rights, I am just reporting what I have heard or read.

The servers have been down for at least a week, and securing the software so that only registered users could download this SW is not that difficult. This implies, if not approval of the situation, then at least acceptance on the part of Adobe.

CNET however, is publicizing the situation and seems to be encouraging the downloads. see this link:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33153_7...lder-software/

This encouragement would seem unlikely to occur if Adobe felt grievously wounded.

Last edited by GlenBarrington; 01-13-2013 at 02:45 PM.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote