Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 07:49 AM   #106
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi Revellian View Post
Good heavens! Is English not your first language?
Third. Used to be fourth.
I started to learn English when I was 20 years old.

There are quite a few non-native English speakers [writers?] here on Mobileread.
Quote:
I'd never have guessed.
You haven't seen my writing when my spell checker quietly malfunctions
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #107
Lexi Revellian
Groupie
Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
REMIX - the trailer

I'm not at all good at languages - I'm very lucky to speak English, which is virtually universal.

On another topic, I've just made a trailer for my book:

Lexi Revellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #108
Music&Mayhem
Connoisseur
Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
On another topic, I've just made a trailer for my book:
Lexi, Love your book trailer. It's fantastic, short and sweet, with a great teaser at the end. Brava!

I'd love to post mine. Could you tell me how to do this?

Susan
Music&Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:13 AM   #109
Lexi Revellian
Groupie
Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Susan, what you do is click on the Youtube logo above the Reply posting box; you will get this on your message: [*YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE*] only without the asterisks.

In the middle, between ] and [ you paste the number of your video, which you find when you go to your video's Youtube page after = in the URL at the top of the page. Let me know if you have problems.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:28 PM   #110
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Okay here's the light, breezy, chick-litty version of the cover. It'd fit right nice into that section of WHSmiths where my sister exclusively picks ALL her reading matter LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Okay, here's my last stab at it Colorful, guitar motif, handwritten font, contemporary (at least I think so).
Ok, I have to admit, I have a wide taste in reading material, but a cover like the first one would get me every time. I mentioned it in my first review on smashwords, but I love books that are like brain candy. I don't have to work too hard, they entertain me, don't overdo the romance (I don't like traditional romance much), and they are just "fun." that's what that first book cover says to me. I'd be attracted by this second one I listed (moejoe's last attempt) as well.

Yesterday, I took the kids to the library for the first time in ages (I have way too much digital material to read). I went in intending to just browse, and ended up going through the entire adult fiction section (it's not a huge library), and choosing books based entirely on what the spine looked like. I came home with 16 books, guaranteed to be quick, brain-candy reads. I'm almost halfway through the first, and I actually spent last night finishing the book "Radium Halos" by Shelley Stout before starting on the first pbook. And it's only 8:30 this morning here.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:04 PM   #111
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

If I'd used that first cover, Grace, it wouldn't quite have matched the contents. Remix is an easy read, but it's not chick lit; though my daughter reckoned anyone who likes chick lit would enjoy it, and she's read more in that genre than I have.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:50 PM   #112
Music&Mayhem
Connoisseur
Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Video book trailer

Quote:
Susan, what you do is click on the Youtube logo above the Reply posting box; you will get this on your message: [*YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE*] only without the asterisks.

In the middle, between ] and [ you paste the number of your video, which you find when you go to your video's Youtube page after = in the URL at the top of the page. Let me know if you have problems.
Thanks Lexi. Here goes:
Old 09-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #113
Music&Mayhem
Connoisseur

Oops. I guess that didn't work, did it? Oh well . . .
Old 09-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #114
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Lexi,

Great trailer. Pulls you in but doesn't reveal too much. And your casting is spot on. The young fellow must be a neighbor child?
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:33 AM   #115
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If I'd used that first cover, Grace, it wouldn't quite have matched the contents. Remix is an easy read, but it's not chick lit; though my daughter reckoned anyone who likes chick lit would enjoy it, and she's read more in that genre than I have.
yep, got that from your earlier description, just commenting that covers like that get me interested Wasn't meaning to suggest that you should take it because it'd make me buy it or anything. I wasn't very clear on that.

I'm about 1/5 through your book right now, and I can definitely see that third cover of MoeJoe's as a possibility. Of course, I haven't finished it yet! Enjoying what I've read thus far though....

Last edited by GraceKrispy; 09-14-2010 at 01:44 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:24 AM   #116
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

Susan, you have invented the invisible trailer! This is what you need, but take out the asterisks: [*YOUTUBE]ixtfyV2J3mc[/YOUTUBE*]
Old 09-14-2010, 05:33 AM   #117
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

Thank you, Alan - the cast list for my trailer is as follows:

Caz Tallis.........my daughter (I hardly had to twist her arm at all)
Ric Kealey........Nikolaj Coste-Waldau (afraid he doesn't know about this)

Sound track.....Kevin MacLeod
Director...........me
Old 09-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #118
Music&Mayhem
Connoisseur

Quote:
Susan, you have invented the invisible trailer! This is what you need, but take out the asterisks:
Good one, Lexi!! Invisible trailer indeed. Thanks for the help!

Susan
Old 09-17-2010, 01:23 AM   #119
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

I really enjoyed Remix! You can see my review here or on smashwords itself.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:42 AM   #120
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

Thanks, Grace. And I should say that on Grace's blog, not only can you read her book reviews, but also look at some gorgeous photography of the natural world.

Tags
compelling, easy read, feel good, free, page turner