Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-22-2006, 02:58 PM   #1
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Post OpenEmbedded for iLiad

Neither iRex's nor Antartica's tool chains are supporting all the features of the iLiad that I need access to. I've been tweaking up an OpenEmbedded tool chain and will be working to make the iLiad one of the supported platforms.

That process begins with defining a machine file for the iLiad.

If no one finds anything wrong with the attached file I'll be submitting it next week to the OpenEmbedded group.
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 iliad.conf.tar.bz2 (675 Bytes, 450 views)
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
MickeyLauer
IT-Freelancer
MickeyLauer began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Did this ever happen?

Hi, what's the status of this?

I'm Mickey, one of the founders of the OpenEmbedded project. I just ordered an Irex Iliad and I want to develop software for it using OE.
MickeyLauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2007, 02:59 AM   #3
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyLauer

I'm Mickey, one of the founders of the OpenEmbedded project. I just ordered an Irex Iliad and I want to develop software for it using OE.
Discontinued, because scotty abandoned his Iliad, AFAIK.

iRex is offereing developer Iliads for people like you, read the post by Matthijs: http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?p=5333#5333 (The necessity of development devices comes from the fact that there is no reflash possibility, if you break a boot script, you have to send it to the manufacturer)

Last edited by ali; 03-21-2007 at 03:19 AM.
ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:57 AM   #4
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
Hello Mickey. Let's connect via email to discuss the status of this. See my PM.
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:09 AM   #5
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:

Basically it's stopped. Scotty published the above config file and that's all.

Matthijs will inform you a lot better, I'm sure.

Amyway: Welcome aboard, MicheyL!

I've been a great fan of OpenZaurus (have a SL5500), and your expertise will be very valued here :-).
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2007, 11:25 AM   #6
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
MickeyLauer: Let me 2nd Antartica's welcome. I had the SL5500 too (in fact I only gave it away a week or 2 ago).
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:01 PM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Welcome on board, Mickey.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:48 PM   #8
MickeyLauer
IT-Freelancer
MickeyLauer began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Thanks for your warm welcome, guys. I just received my iLiad and it's charging its 3 recommended hours atm. Will post some review soon and also a plan of action after discussing this with Matthijs (will drop you an email soon, I'm just overloaded atm., please give me another week).

Thanks again,

Mickey.
MickeyLauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:17 AM   #9
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
(will drop you an email soon, I'm just overloaded atm., please give me another week).
No worries, same here
Old 08-07-2007, 04:30 AM   #10
asteban
asteban began at the beginning.

Device: n800, n770, yopy, ipaq5400, iliad, neo1973
Hi, is there any forth come on this?
I would love to have oe for the iliad but don't get a working configuration.
asteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:51 AM   #11
Matthijs
Groupie

I'm trying to get the iLiad and kernel configs in OE, but I've not been able to put much effort in it lately.

See http://bugs.openembedded.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2663
Old 08-07-2007, 07:54 AM   #12
asteban

Cool. Could you also attach your prototypes of the distro config and kernel patches to the bugzilla report?

Attached is our approach of the distro config, but it doesn't work yet.
Attached Files
File Type: gz iliad.conf.gz (1.2 KB, 393 views)
Old 08-08-2007, 02:32 AM   #13
Matthijs
Groupie

They are in separate bugs, but already in the tracker.
http://bugs.openembedded.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2664
http://bugs.openembedded.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2665
Old 08-10-2007, 05:21 AM   #14
asteban

Now, Robert Schuster has completed our configuration as an OpenEmbedded overlay. Our focus with this is not to create a complete image for the iliad, but to use OpenEmbedded to produce additional packages.

http://evolvis.org/plugins/scmsvn/vi...p/?root=jalimo