Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
Smile I found 6 free and interesting historical novels

Today I posted my feature of the History and Women blog written by novelist Mirella Patzer.

Among the many fine posts at her blog is a page she calls the Scandalous Books catalogue. She formats historical novels of interest to her and makes them viewable and downloadable through Scribd.

The free ebooks she had restored are:

A Sicilian Romance by Ann Radcliffe

Alice Adams by Booth Tarkington
(Pulitzer Prize winning novel)

Casa Braccio by F. Marion Crawford

The Angel of Terror by Edgar Wallace

The Valley of the Giants by Peter B. Kyne

Vendetta: A Story of One Long Forgotten by Marie Corelli

To read the novel descriptions go to the Scandalous Books page. For ebook readers, it is definitely one worth bookmarking.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
Trebro
Connoisseur
Trebro began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Can anyone tell me more about this Scribd before I create an account with them to download the books? The link to Facebook kinda concerns me in terms of privacy holes.
Trebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Scribd.com is a legitimate site, and you don't need to link to Facebook if you don't want to. Having said that, all 6 of those books are in the public domain, and are available for free from Project Gutenberg and other sources that don't require you to log in to download them.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
Trebro
Connoisseur
Trebro began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
Scribd.com is a legitimate site, and you don't need to link to Facebook if you don't want to. Having said that, all 6 of those books are in the public domain, and are available for free from Project Gutenberg and other sources that don't require you to log in to download them.
Thanks for the info. I'd rather do the PG route, not so much because of Scribd but because they're already in epub format so I don't have to do the Calibre conversions.

Looking forward to giving these a read (eventually!).
Trebro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free ebooks, historical fiction