Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-09-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Covers in Stanza on iPhone/iPod Touch

I found that Stanza on the iPhone/iPod Touch doesn't support SVG covers. Therefore if you use Calibre to convert to ePub, you have to select the 'No SVG Cover' option in the ePub output preferences if you want to see the covers in Stanza.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:09 AM   #2
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Just to be clear, that's only within the book itself. Covers still show up in the library and catalog, which I spend more time looking at than the very first page of any book (I see that page for just as much time as it takes me to skip to the next page after opening a book to read).
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
StevenSaus
Alliteration Ink
StevenSaus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS
Unfortunately, this also applies to things like maps that are put in SVG format in order to get the maximum size display.
StevenSaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:28 AM   #4
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Looks like iBooks on the iPhone and the iPad supports SVG covers.

But I can't see that maps inside books are using SVG. Is there an option for this?

Last edited by paulfiera; 07-25-2011 at 05:39 AM.
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, cover, iphone, ipod touch, stanza