Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #21286
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
So that was rather interesting. I just spent the last 15-30 mins reading up on "gangnam style" which is apparently a Koren hip hop song with a really odd set of dance moves. Found a few interesting things...but other then the really odd dance...what is up with the "hey sexy lady" English phrase in the middle of it?

(Yea, I read the English translation of the lyrics, I know that Gangnam is an affluent town, and all that... actually decent lyrics to the song really)
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #21287
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Is this a seasonal beverage?
A new blend every year. Subject to the blender's whims and the available small lots.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #21288
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
A new blend every year. Subject to the blender's whims and the available small lots.
Oh. And when it's gone, it's gone until the next year's version which may be very different.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #21289
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Close the doors, light the lights.
We're stayin' home tonight,
far away from the bustle and the bright city lights.
Let them all fade away.
Just leave us alone.
And we'll live in a world of our own.

We'll build a world of our own
that no one else can share.
All our sorrows we'll leave far behind us there.
And I know you will find
there'll be peace of mind
when we live in a world of our own.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5pvpIvz5YQ )

Good morning, everyone! It's SATURDAY!!!!!!! Yeah, I know... it's happened before. But never like this one. It's brand new! To celebrate, I'm having a big mug of East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea, tuna salad, and some grapes! Then we're off for ride up into the mountains to a hiking trail that leads to 43 waterfalls. At least, that's the 'name' of the trail. There are actually more than 43 cuz the Japanese call any water that goes over a rock a waterfall. But there are several along the way that are 10-15 meters tall, and it's a beautiful walk in the woods beside the stream anyway.

Quote:
Therein lies the advantage of tea blender like East India Company or Taylors of Harrogate. Their blends haven't changed in 150 years. If I'm not mistaken, you prefer your blends with Darjeeling, which I don't care for at all, and I love Assam which isn't a favorite of yours. To me, Assam and Keemun are like 'garlic': you can add them to anything except chocolate ice cream and make it taste better!
I really wish I did like the Darjeelings... One of the shops here carries about 10 different estates of the stuff and I've tried them all... No go... I've just recently found a shop that is selling three different estates of Assam tea and I'm anxious to experiment with them.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #21290
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Indeed, I do like a good Darjeeling. But I also love a good Keemun, as you know. But it's the Assam that just doesn't work as well for me.

Peet's regular blends never change, and they have a couple that I like a lot. But I am definitely in the market for a breakfast tea that doesn't require milk to satisfy. By all means, a link to your favourite is in order.
Advert
Old 09-22-2012, 03:36 AM   #21291
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Indeed, I do like a good Darjeeling. But I also love a good Keemun, as you know. But it's the Assam that just doesn't work as well for me.
And that's what makes horse racing...

Quote:
By all means, a link to your favourite is in order.
My all-time favorites for mornings are a toss-up between Fortnum & Mason's "English Breakfast" and their "Royal Blend," but both are Assam based. Sorry... After that, it's East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea, but that too is Assam based... Have you considered Ovaltine?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #21292
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I am not a huge fan of Assam or Darjeeling. They both taste fine but are just a bit bland for me.

Right now I am enjoying the fact that a certain little guy has decided that 10 hour sleeps are a good idea. He had 2-3 before he got sick and reverted to 4 hour sleeps while sick. The last two nights he has gone down at 10 and slept until 6:30 and 7. I know it won't last, I have been reading, but I am going to enjoy it while I can.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #21293
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
The last two nights he has gone down at 10 and slept until 6:30 and 7. I know it won't last, I have been reading, but I am going to enjoy it while I can.
I hope you're enjoying it by going to sleep at 10:30 yourself!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #21294
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I get into bed about 20 minutes after we put him to bed and fall asleep pretty fast. Starting next week, I'll have to get up around 5 AM to get to work early so we can limit his daycare time.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #21295
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Have you considered Ovaltine?
I don't think Ovaltine comes in bags.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #21296
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Coke Zero. Lost count. #5?
Old 09-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #21297
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
I don't think Ovaltine comes in bags.
Oh, good. You know I hate bagged tea.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:56 AM   #21298
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Coke Zero #1 in my cup. (Well, OK, actually it's in its can, but metaphorically it's in my cup.)
Old 09-23-2012, 04:28 AM   #21299
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Coffee (in a "real" cup )
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:24 AM   #21300
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Coffee in my Tigger MUG
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?