Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-02-2017, 06:15 PM   #1
bulldogmo
Connoisseur
bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.

Device: kindle
short cut question

okay, first I want to thank the group for the help I received on my last question.

Now for a new one.

I want to create a shortcut the will save to disk but with a different template tweak different than the one I have in my preferences. This is mainly for the groups of books that are based on a series but done written by different authors. IE. Star Wars, Star Trek, ect.

I have worked out the template format for the books, but I want to assign a keystroke to save them, without having to change the template time after time.

Any suggestions?
bulldogmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:46 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@bulldogmo - calibre doesn't have a macro facility, it's been canvassed a couple of times with no results, for various reasons it's not easily done.

Suggestions - a) AHK or PTFB on Windows, Automator on OS X, Autokey on Linux; b) calibre enhancement to allow template selection at save time from the same drop down list as in Preferences->Save to Disk.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2017, 08:11 PM   #3
bulldogmo
Connoisseur
bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.

thank you, will look into the windows suggestion since I have never heard of them
Old 07-02-2017, 08:35 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogmo View Post
thank you, will look into the windows suggestion since I have never heard of them
AHK - Auto Hot Key, PTFB - Press The Frigging Button

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:49 PM   #5
bulldogmo
Connoisseur

again thank you........
Advert