Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #136
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I havent read this whole thread! But in Buying HDMI Cables Make sure you get the correct one for the machines your connecting!
There are 3 types that I know of perhaps more LOL
HDMI to HDMI you can get these for a few dollars on Amazon BluRay etc to TVs
HDMI to Mini HDMI you can also get these for a few dollars off Amazon Connects most tablets to TVs
HDMI to Micro... I only found this one at Walmart near the cell phones! Cost $10! This is the one you need to connect Kindle Fire HD to TVs!

I am sure they do more I just havent experanced them yet LOL Wanted to give you a heads up like Batteries being missing from kids toys at Christmas I hate for the Big Kids Adults] to be dissapointed So Dont Forget those Important Batteries or Cables
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #137
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Sorry, but I don't have the Sony; so I can't compare them. I was borrowing it from a friend until I decided which ereader I wanted. I went with the K3. I then replaced it with a K4S.
Too bad...
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2012, 01:44 AM   #138
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

X- I gave my son choice between my 13 month old K3 & my 6 month old Sony T1 he kept both a week played with both Kept the K3 LOL I sold the Sony T1 2 days later hehehehe
Old 11-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #139
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
X- I gave my son choice between my 13 month old K3 & my 6 month old Sony T1 he kept both a week played with both Kept the K3 LOL I sold the Sony T1 2 days later hehehehe
Was his decision partly based on the screen contrast?
The Sony book store is so much more expensive than Amazon, that if I want to purchase books and read them right from the device, I would pick the Kindle over the Sony as well.

Last edited by xendula; 11-18-2012 at 10:56 AM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #140
Gotadimple
Zealot
Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nvidia Shield
Best Buy Sunday ad has the Galaxy Tab 2 10" 16 gb tablet for sale for $299. Available in stores and online. Same model refurbished is $50 less.
Gotadimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #141
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotadimple View Post
Best Buy Sunday ad has the Galaxy Tab 2 10" 16 gb tablet for sale for $299. Available in stores and online. Same model refurbished is $50 less.
Thanks for the heads up. This is the same price that OfficeMax, Sam's Club, Sears, and Toys R Us will be selling it for on Black Friday.

However, the best deal will be at Costco. They'll be selling it for $280 on Black Friday; and will also include a neoprene sleeve.

All things being equal, I prefer buying from Costco because of their excellent customer service and generous return policy.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #142
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Unless that's the unlocked version of the Note 2, you can buy it for that price right now from carriers if you renew your contract. It actually went for $249 from Sprint on Wirefly Friends a few weeks back. Right now, it's on Wirefly for $279.

(One of the original sources: http://www.tmonews.com/2012/10/samsu...refly-friends/)

I've been deliberating about whether to buy one as a replacement for my Galaxy S for the past two months. The new HTC Droid has an awfully nice screen which is nearly as big as that of the Note 2 and, like that of every other high-end phone we're likely to want in the future, has post-retina* resolution.

* Post-retina = A higher ppi count than the iPhone 4's display.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 11-18-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #143
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
All things being equal, I prefer buying from Costco because of their excellent customer service and generous return policy.
Same here. If given a choice, Costco wins because of this.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #144
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Unless that's the unlocked version of the Tab 2, you can buy it for that price right now from carriers if you renew your contract. It actually went for $249 from Sprint on Wirefly Friends a few weeks back. Right now, it's on Wirefly for $279.
It's unlocked.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #145
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
It's unlocked.
Oops -- I was thinking of the Note II (which is what interests me), not the Tab 2. A deal on that level for newer unlocked phablet hardware didn't seem likely. Call it model name dyslexia.

Still debating whether to get a Nexus 7 32gb or a Note 2 along with a new laptop (though I might wait on the laptop if none of the BF deals offer the ones I want).
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #146
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Was his decision partly based on the screen contrast?
The Sony book store is so much more expensive than Amazon, that if I want to purchase books and read them right from the device, I would pick the Kindle over the Sony as well.
No we saw no difference in screens. We both agree it was we couldnt turn OFF the turning of the pages with touch. I would jump pages to easy. We loose reading places. Actual page turning was with the buttons on bottom.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #147
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Online Pre-Black Friday deals have now started at some of the stores. See the OP for a current list with links. As more stores become available, I'll add them.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #148
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Oops -- I was thinking of the Note II (which is what interests me), not the Tab 2. A deal on that level for newer unlocked phablet hardware didn't seem likely. Call it model name dyslexia.

Still debating whether to get a Nexus 7 32gb or a Note 2 along with a new laptop (though I might wait on the laptop if none of the BF deals offer the ones I want).
NP

If an unlocked Note II wasn't so expensive, I'd get it instead of the Nexus 7. But, that's not the case so I'll be getting the Nexus.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #149
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Oooh, I just noticed that Best Buy has the Clip Zip in the two new colors, teal and lime! Can't wait for the BF prices!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #150
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Oooh, I just noticed that Best Buy has the Clip Zip in the two new colors, teal and lime! Can't wait for the BF prices!
The green looks cool. Would be better if it were trimmed in black.