Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #121
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
All I can say is try. I don't have copies of Word 2000 for many years now. It might work. It is not depending on ribbons or alike.
It certainly works in Word 2002 (XP). Just to head off yet another question. It is easy to try.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #122
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Sure... It only works on MS Word. It can never work on LO/OO, since that is a totally different program...
I believe OO/LO do macros by Java, so a completely different language.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #123
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
I believe OO/LO do macros by Java, so a completely different language.
Nope, LO does BeanShell, JavaScript (not Java), Python and LibreOffice Basic, which has a VBA Compatibility option, but the the VBA macros will still need som tweaking to run (I also prefer the original Microsoft VBA - probably because I've done macros in Word for over 15 years (back then VBA was an Excel-only thing, the Word macros was rather different - ah, those memories ...), but only just "dipped my toes" in LibreOffice, and don't find it very intuitive compared to VBA.

But to conclude: Toxaris' brilliant macro will not run as-is - but it is probably doable with a little effort. (Any LibreOffice macromakers around here ?) It should be LibreOffice, OpenOffice has a sort of Basic too, but it is not up to par with LO, and the Apache developer team may be brilliant, but they're not fast ...

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #124
mmoleon
mmoleon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi Tox:
I download your file but I get lost on the other steps.
Should I create a style sheet?
Could you be patient and explain step by step?
I really appreciate it. Thanks.
I try to import with "filtered html" but is a mess.
Look at this:
<p class="MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst" style="margin-left:0in"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;" xml:lang="ES-TRAD">&nbsp;</span></p>

<p class="MsoListParagraphCxSpLast" style="margin-left:0in"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;" xml:lang="ES-TRAD">Vivir en Miami Dade County y trabajar en Miami Dade College suponen convivir a diario con personas de toda América Latina y el Caribe, que llegaron a Estados Unidos en busca de seguridad y prosperidad y terminaron asentándose en una ciudad que es hoy más latina que anglosajona.</span></p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;line-height:115%; font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;" xml:lang="ES-TRAD">Miami Dade es uno de los condados de Estados Unidos que más alta representación demográfica de latinos muestra en comparación con el número total de habitantes. El Censo de 2010 indicaba que el 70% de los habitantes de Miami Dade County son de origen hispano. En el Miami Dade College más del 80% de los estudiantes tienen igual procedencia.</span></p>

<p class="MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst" style="margin-left:0in"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;" xml:lang="ES-TRAD">En Miami cohabitan, como en cualquier urbe latinoamericana, el empresario hispano exitoso y acaudalado con otros emigrados humildes, como el trabajador de un restaurante, el profesor de una escuela o universidad, los artistas y locutores de la radio y TV local hispana y los refugiados recién llegados de países donde ocurren desastres naturales, o donde dictaduras arbitrarias los empujan a buscar mejores perspectivas en otro país. Miami es una suerte de “Ellis Island hispano” de EEUU a inicios del nuevo milenio.</span></p>
mmoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #125
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I don't know what you did, but you did not use my macro. That output cannot come out of it. This seems regular filtered HTML output from Word.

You need to run the macro in order to have the clean output. A stylesheet needs to be provided by you, the macro will not create it.

You can also try my add-in. It has much more features and can prepare an ePUB. The ePUB needs to be touched up (or at least I think so), but the start is there. That one will also provide a simple stylesheet or you can provide your own.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #126
jation
Enthusiast
jation began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
Thanks, everything works fine. But I have one question:

Is possible to keep scene changes from original docx
Example:
Test line 1. Test line 1. Test line 1. Test line 1.

Test line 2. Test line 2. Test line 2. Test line 2.

I always get:

jation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #127
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jation View Post

Example:

I always get:

Hi, jation:

You know, when you use the macro, it will indicate scene-breaks (like what you've displayed) with a "[scbreak]" which you can optionally highlight in Red. I leave them in, and then regex them out, using the correct style for the following paragraph, in either the output HTML or the output ePUB (whichever way you go).

Does that help? I actually find the [scbreak] indicator more useful than simply leaving an extra empty paragraph which would have to be coded properly to work in any event.

HTH,
Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #128
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jation View Post

Example:

I always get:

Depends. If it done via margins, then no. I do not check that kind of formatting at all. If it is done by a simple enter, then yes.
However, there is another way. If you have that, you probably also have named styles. You can retain those stylenames in the HTML. If you then also setup the margins in your stylesheet, the margins are retained.

I would actually recommend not using the macro anymore, but the add-in if you can. That has many more features and will be updated every now and then.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #129
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Depends. If it done via margins, then no. I do not check that kind of formatting at all. If it is done by a simple enter, then yes.
However, there is another way. If you have that, you probably also have named styles. You can retain those stylenames in the HTML. If you then also setup the margins in your stylesheet, the margins are retained.

I would actually recommend not using the macro anymore, but the add-in if you can. That has many more features and will be updated every now and then.
OOOPS!

Sorry--I answered about the wrong program of Toxaris'. My bad. I clicked here from my CP and didn't realize that this was about the clean HTML code, as opposed to the ePUB Tools program. @jation: please ignore my last, but it's accurate about Toxaris' ePUB Tools program.

Sorry again,
Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:07 AM   #130
jation
Enthusiast
jation began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
@Toxaris
Thanks for info and great macro/add-in, I didn't notice e-Book Tools thread when searching for cleaning html. I will try today.

Thanks!!!
jation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #131
MalcolmRM
MalcolmRM
MalcolmRM began at the beginning.

Device: any and all
Hi Toxaris: I took your advice, downloaded Transform_html2.8.eng.bas, and installed it in Normal.dot. But I get a syntax error on the very first line! Word doesn't like the word Attribute. Am I meant to delete the first 3 lines and start right in on the first Sub?
MalcolmRM
MalcolmRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:22 PM   #132
Toxaris
Wizard

You can delete the Attribute line if you want, it is just name the file right. The other lines I would not delete to prevent issues.

However, I would advise not using the macro at all to be honest. I don't actively maintain it anymore. If you can, I advise you to look at my add-in. It has much, much, much more features and can create an ePUB directly as final step. The add-in is maintained and improved regularly. An update can even be expected within a week (I just need to update the manual before the release).
Be aware that it will only work if you work on Windows and have Office 2007 or later.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:32 AM   #133
MalcolmRM
MalcolmRM
MalcolmRM began at the beginning.

Device: any and all
Thanks, Toxaris. Hitch emailed me directly with the same advice so I downloaded the manual yesterday! I'll keep an eye peeled for the new version and I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and move to a ribbon version of Office.
MalcolmRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:13 AM   #134
boki
boki began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Translate in slovenian

I translate macro in slovenian and add code for create xHTML compatibile head.
Macro is wor with no problem.
boki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:55 PM   #135
Mooninite1
Mooninite1 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
testing it...thank you
Mooninite1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook tools