Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
dcubed2
Edge User

Lightbulb Wierd page up/down button

I just accidentally found a page up/down button. It's the volume button. I've only tried it in Dolphin browser tabs, but it seems to work.

Yeah, strange, I know. But cool.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
dcubed2
Edge User

Well, it just seems to work in Dolphin Browser, but it works like a charm there! It's going to save a lot of scratches on my screen, and it's faster and easier than using the trackball.

Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
rongoms
Edge User

wow, just like TouchDown!! (we use it to move forward and backward in the email list. Stupid-easy to implement, actually)

Old 05-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #4
dcubed2
Edge User

Cool, I wish more programs implemented it, my screen is all scratched. Mostly from trying to page up and down. I'd love for the file lists to use this! With several hundred files on my sd card, it's hard to browse through them.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
10tklz
Edge User

How do you use it? Whenever I press volume up or down (even while using dolphin) it just changes the volume.

Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 11:39 PM   #6
dcubed2
Edge User

Hmm, I hit the volume button by accident and it moved the lcd screen earlier today. It's worked reliably ever since. I haven't changed anything that I can remember in settings or anything.

Can anyone else get the volume button to page up? I absolutely love it, and wish I knew if I did something to make it work. I think others would also like it.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:07 AM   #7
cheyennedonna
Edge User

It is an option in settings

Check in the settings if you can't get it to work, make sure it's checked, and it does not work if the browser is flipped to landscape view. Some apps use it as a redo/undo option, others have special functions for it also.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:14 AM   #8
VenturingSoul
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
Check in the settings if you can't get it to work, make sure it's checked, and it does not work if the browser is flipped to landscape view. Some apps use it as a redo/undo option, others have special functions for it also.
Mine works in landscape mode. Dolphin, that is. I haven't tried it with the stock browser.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #9
cheyennedonna
Edge User

I tried it again in landscape mode and this time it worked. Ghost in the machine I guess. But it is useful. For the scratched screen people I was able to put on a screen protector, although it was not fun. I did not have much luck finding the right size anywhere and had to cut to fit, sort of. Entourage will have screen protectors coming out eventually. Lets hope sooner than later.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:19 PM   #10
dcubed2
Edge User

I second the screen protectors. I bought the screen cleaner with my eDGe and it took out all but one scratch, but I'd like perfect fit protectors. So, the volume button does or does not work for you guys in portrait mode? Mine works in both modes.