Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #76
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
Hehehe... has to be the shoes.

Android is very technical since it is based on Linux. I use Linux so I guess that helps. Also, I think the number of IQs over in North America seems to be fairly limited from what I can tell.

Since I do not speak german or russian, I have no idea what is going on over in Europe on that front. It is a shame that info on the various PB devices seems so fragmented because of the language barrier. We would need to find a way to get all the information. Translators? anyone?

As for Froyo, the Novel has a beta for it and works so I would assume it would be feasible on the IQ. I guess with some modifications... we can only dream!
Well, I am a french native speaker, and I just spent 20 years in Germany so I am fluent in german, but there is nada to report on the hack front from IQ Europe I am afraid to say. I can translate you anything we find in german or french, but there is nothing right now in those languages. Even the russian board (they were working on Apps2SD) are quieter now, and nothing has filtered outside (in another language than russian I mean) until now. I keep looking, but there really is not much.

Gotta go, Tony Hawk is waiting (if I can't have the shoes.....at least I can have Tony )
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #77
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs 650
Quote:
That is not normal at all. I get so many apps and it doesn't seem region locked for me... did you copy the system.img from the tutorial in the emulator?
I referred to this site.
http://blog.varunkumar.me/2010/11/ho...in-google.html

Yes, I copied the system.img from the tutorial.
Is this problematic?
katzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 10:58 AM   #78
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezzZ View Post
perhaps someone can try market enabler to cheat marktet saying your on the t-mobile network...
been there, done that
Old 12-28-2010, 11:01 AM   #79
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzki View Post
I referred to this site.
http://blog.varunkumar.me/2010/11/ho...in-google.html

Yes, I copied the system.img from the tutorial.
Is this problematic?
I believe that on is for Froyo so that would probably not work.

try this on instead: here
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:05 AM   #80
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Well, I am a french native speaker, and I just spent 20 years in Germany so I am fluent in german, but there is nada to report on the hack front from IQ Europe I am afraid to say. I can translate you anything we find in german or french, but there is nothing right now in those languages. Even the russian board (they were working on Apps2SD) are quieter now, and nothing has filtered outside (in another language than russian I mean) until now. I keep looking, but there really is not much.

Gotta go, Tony Hawk is waiting (if I can't have the shoes.....at least I can have Tony )
I am speaking French as well and my german is so rusty it is unusable.

I did use Chrome to browse russian forums but it can be confusing at times. It seems the IQ market will be a very small one. A shame really... I really like my device and it is a very good introduction to the Android tablet genre.

I HOPE Honeycomb will help the IQ in the long run.
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #81
Ternover
Enthusiast
Ternover began at the beginning.

Device: PB 302, IQ, Archos 70IT
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Forget that and do this command instead :
adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='XXXXXXXXXXXXX' where name='androidId'";

with the Xs being your Emulator AndroidID. The gls.db is on Android Version 2.X (our IQ) the replacement for accounts.db on Android Version 1.X (often our Emulator), hence the confusion. This will set the IQ to the Android ID needed to set a gmail account for talk, market and so on.

Although I am blocked at the market now, so I am not even sure it makes a big difference....
I tried this and the suggestion to change androidId to PocketBook but neither doing the trick of getting me signed in to Talk. I did do an adb pull and the correct ID is showing up in the table so that part did work.

My error is actually 'cannot establish a reliable data connection to the server'. I've also tried Icewyng's suggestions and still not working.

I guess my aura is off too. Maybe it is better for me to wait for Froyo before trying to get market again.
Ternover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:31 AM   #82
NicolasR
Addict
NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzki View Post
Thanks, RezzZ
I succeeded to install usb driver software!
Hi Katzki !
How did you install the usb driver ? Every time I want to activate the driver in the Devices Manager (Win 7 64 bits), Windows says it doesn’t find the correct driver… Thank you for your help.
NicolasR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #83
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasR View Post
Hi Katzki !
How did you install the usb driver ? Every time I want to activate the driver in the Devices Manager (Win 7 64 bits), Windows says it doesn’t find the correct driver… Thank you for your help.
Read my post (#31) on page 3.
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #84
NicolasR
Addict
NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks, the driver is working now.
I can connect on Gtalk (after connecting with Youtube).
But then, impossible to launch the Market.
It says : "Server not avalaible".

Bloody hell !
Old 12-29-2010, 04:18 PM   #85
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:

Bloody hell !
You have just gone through what many of us discovered over the last few days.

I am sure someone will figure this out soon.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #86
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:

Bloody hell !
Ok... let me see what we can do:

go to settings - manage applications - filter - running.
Make sure Market is running. Select force close & then clear data.
Do the same with Download Manager.
Clear the Dalvik Cache and reboot.

Let's say what that does.

Edit 1: Did you sync your account?

Last edited by Icewyng; 12-29-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:13 AM   #87
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Ok... let me see what we can do:

go to settings - manage applications - filter - running.
Make sure Market is running. Select force close & then clear data.
Do the same with Download Manager.
Clear the Dalvik Cache and reboot.

Let's say what that does.

Edit 1: Did you sync your account?
It is not under the running apps by me ! hmmm... So of course I can't force close it.

Account is sync, Gtalk is working properly, so I am really wondering what is missing...

Last edited by aceflor; 12-30-2010 at 02:35 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:58 AM   #88
aceflor
Wizard

Is it "in theory" possible to flash the IQ with a PDN ROM, or is there any reason it cannot work ? Apart from the buttons I mean.

Last edited by aceflor; 12-30-2010 at 04:13 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:30 AM   #89
NicolasR
Addict

Hi Icewyng !
I've done all what you say : nothing changes, it still says « Server not available »…

Does it have something to do with the country (I’m in France) ? Should we try a quebecian proxy ?

(And yes, all is synchronised (mail, gtalk contacts,…)
And yes, the androidID in the gls.db base is correct too, I double-checked it twice !)

Last edited by NicolasR; 12-30-2010 at 03:34 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:07 AM   #90
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Hi Icewyng !
I've done all what you say : nothing changes, it still says « Server not available »…

Does it have something to do with the country (I’m in France) ? Should we try a quebecian proxy ?

(And yes, all is synchronised (mail, gtalk contacts,…)
And yes, the androidID in the gls.db base is correct too, I double-checked it twice !)
Non, on est tous bloqués au même endroit. C'est balot, hein ?

Je vais être très courageuse aujourd'hui, je me sens l'âme aventurière, donc je vais tenter de flasher l'IQ avec un autre FW....