Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 11:34 PM   #1
Atiajar
Atiajar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
"integrity error column book is not unique"

Hi everyone.
I'm new in this forum but I've been using calibre since I got my kindle 3 (July 2010). Few days ago I updated from 7.16 to 7.34 version and then it's been hell...

I can't do anything without getting the message "integrity error column book is not unique".

I can't edit metadata
When I download book info, and close "edit metada", it gives the same product description as other books already in the library (even though I selected the real info)
I can't convert books
I can't merge books
I can't recover or check my library
etc,

I'm devastaded,
I don't know that much about software and stuff so I don't understand many suggestions given in the forum...

I really really like this program and don't want to give up on it but I don`t know what to do!!! It seems like I can't use it anymore... My library is big (4000 books) so start all over again would be really painful...

The library is in an external hard disk and the books are there though,
so if anybody can help me, please!!!... It will very much appreciated!!
-

Last edited by Atiajar; 12-20-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Atiajar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:40 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
find the file metadata.db inside your calibre library folder and post it here.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 12:04 AM   #3
Atiajar

Hi Kovid, thank you very much for this fantastic program and for your quick response...
I will be grateful if you can help in any way, It so strange, I didn't have any issues with the software before until I updated it... Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: zip metadata.zip (3.81 MB, 281 views)
File Type: zip metadata.db.zip (128 Bytes, 214 views)
Old 12-21-2010, 10:38 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Here's a repaired metadata.db, just replace your metadata.db with it

For your future reference, you can do the repair yourself with the command

Code:
calibre-debug --reinitialize-db metadata.db
The repair process caused the comment metadata from about 10 books to be discarded, but everything else should be as before.
Attached Files
File Type: zip metadata.db.zip (3.18 MB, 240 views)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:22 PM   #5
Atiajar

Hi Kovid,

Thank you very much for fixing this for me, it is very kind of you to take the time to do something like that...

I replaced the metadata and is working perfectly!!

I took note of the command in case something happen (I hope not).

Again, thanks a lot for helping me and creating such a wonderful software, I can't think of a better resource to manage my library...

A.

Last edited by Atiajar; 12-21-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Advert