Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-11-2008, 04:42 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Frankfurt Bookfair Meetup (October 15th)?

I am going to be at the Frankfurt Bookfair on October 15th (Wednesday, day of opening).

If you are going to be anywhere nearby, how would you feel about a get-together?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:54 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Put me down as a maybe.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:13 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Note that the first days are open only to "Fachbesucher". If you intend to come, we can try to add you to the list of official MobileRead attendees.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:14 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hey, great idea alex !! i wish i could come but i don't think it will be possible.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:24 AM   #5
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I am going to be there on Wednesday. I am looking foreward to meet a few of you.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:28 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Cool, that makes definitely already two of us! Who is going to take care of the cold drinks?
Old 08-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Oooo. Alex is going to the Frankfurt Bookfair. Does this mean that Amazon is finally going to release their rumored ebook reader? I hope it's not as ugly as the prototype picture we've seen. I wonder what kind of display it'll have. Harry says the words will be written to the screen in fairy dust but I'm holding out for eink. Wait a minute. What year is this??
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Oooo. Alex is going to the Frankfurt Bookfair. Does this mean that Amazon is finally going to release their rumored ebook reader? I hope it's not as ugly as the prototype picture we've seen. I wonder what kind of display it'll have. Harry says the words will be written to the screen in fairy dust but I'm holding out for eink. Wait a minute. What year is this??
hee !
Old 08-12-2008, 06:56 AM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
It's one year later. Time for churning the Kindle 2.0 rumor mill.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:10 AM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Ok, I just got my tickets and I will definitely be at the bookfair on October 15th, from the morning to early afternoon.

I would love to meet up with anyone who can manage to be there!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Just a reminder... it's still a few weeks, but I'd love to meet up with you guys on Wednesday, the opening day of the Frankfurt Buchmesse.

Attached you find the official program. Wednesday at the Forum Innovation is going to be interesting, when Polymer Vision introduces the Readius and Amazon holds a speech about the Kindle.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Forenprogramm08_10283.pdf (2.42 MB, 2502 views)
Old 09-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

you do realize we want a full report of every second of the fair, right ? you should never have admitted you were going.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:02 PM   #13
katmeyer
katmeyer began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
won't be there but please please please let us know what you learn/think about the readius. especially what ebook formats it will support. Thanks!
katmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:10 PM   #14
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Note that the first days are open only to "Fachbesucher". If you intend to come, we can try to add you to the list of official MobileRead attendees.
I would *love* to be there, but there's no way that I could qualify as a qualified or professional visitor to the BookFair. Now, if they were including fans ... (online English-German dictionary recommends Liebhaberinnen).
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:27 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

well ????? how was it ????