Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
rayuki
rayuki began at the beginning.

Device: Asus Transformer
retrieve metadata from ISBN only??

hi all im having some issues with downloading metadata info and covers for multiple books at at time but one thing im finding never has an issue is when metadata is looked up ONLY using the ISBN.

most have my books i have the ISBN for but other things like title and author etc might be mixed up.

can i configure calibres metadata plugins to ONLY use the ISBN when searching for metadata info?
rayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayuki View Post
hi all im having some issues with downloading metadata info and covers for multiple books at at time but one thing im finding never has an issue is when metadata is looked up ONLY using the ISBN.

most have my books i have the ISBN for but other things like title and author etc might be mixed up.

can i configure calibres metadata plugins to ONLY use the ISBN when searching for metadata info?
If you have an ISBN in the book record and the site providing metadata uses ISBN, it will be used. Are you finding that's not true? If there's no ISBN for the book, what do you want to happen?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote