Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-26-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Trying to russify prs-600 -- help?

I downloaded boroda version 1.05d. Double clicked the batch file, waited a while and figure it was as far as it was going to get (see image). Was I supposed to wait longer? Anyway, I disconnected the reader, reset it, and it's exactly the same as it was before. It offers Dutch as a language instead of Russion, and no clock What am I missing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boroda.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	55770  

Last edited by maxbookworm; 07-26-2010 at 11:15 PM.
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:51 AM   #2
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Not exactly sure here. I did russify my reader some while ago. But I think you're supposed to put the "installer" files on SD card and then run it on the reader.
If you don't have answers later, I'll check back once I get home from work.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbookworm View Post
I downloaded boroda version 1.05d. Double clicked the batch file, waited a while and figure it was as far as it was going to get (see image). Was I supposed to wait longer? Anyway, I disconnected the reader, reset it, and it's exactly the same as it was before. It offers Dutch as a language instead of Russion, and no clock What am I missing?
You didn't wait long enough. The following screen shot is for PRS-900, but it's the same thing. Note the line that says "Sony Reader MSC utility…". Basically you have to wait until "press any key to continue…" appears on the screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scriptoutput-vi.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	55796  
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #4
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK - thanks. I thought that might be the case, but the instructions didn't mention how long the wait might be. I waited probably 3-4 minutes.

So can I just re-launch the batch file even though I'm partially through the process you think?
Old 07-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
OK - thanks. I thought that might be the case, but the instructions didn't mention how long the wait might be. I waited probably 3-4 minutes.

So can I just re-launch the batch file even though I'm partially through the process you think?
On my PRS-900 it certainly didn't take long at all — don't know if the PRS-600 is significantly slower or not.

Yes, you can relaunch since all you've got through was copying the files — the command to the reader to restart in flash mode was never sent since the utility hasn't started.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #6
maxbookworm
Addict

Hmmm... so I tried it again and it did get past the "2 Files copied" point but then told me the device wasn't connected to the PC (although it was). So I disconnected and reconnected and now it won't get past the "2 files copied" point again (it's been a good 10 minutes). Maybe I'm just not destined to have a clock on my 600...
Old 07-27-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Maybe you need to switch off the UAC?
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:05 AM   #8
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

UAC is a good point. When I first put prs+ on my 505 it didn't work out.
Ever since then I ran all those "hacks" as admin and never had a problem again.
So instead of double clicking the batch program, right click and select "run as admin".

Maybe this helps
Old 07-28-2010, 06:42 AM   #9
maxbookworm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_73 View Post
UAC is a good point. When I first put prs+ on my 505 it didn't work out.
Ever since then I ran all those "hacks" as admin and never had a problem again.
So instead of double clicking the batch program, right click and select "run as admin".

Maybe this helps
Brilliant! Thank you thank you! It worked

Porkupan, thanks so much for making these programs available. I love having my clock!

One question: I went ahead and installed 1.05f and noticed you have this feature listed: back = OPTIONS + < . Does this mean if, for example, I'm in Collections, and choose one, e.g, News, then want to back out into my collections list, I should be able to do so by pressing OPTIONS + < ? I tried this, but the Options menu just kept coming up.

Thanks again guys!
Old 07-28-2010, 07:10 AM   #10
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
I went ahead and installed 1.05f and noticed you have this feature listed: back = OPTIONS + < . Does this mean if, for example, I'm in Collections, and choose one, e.g, News, then want to back out into my collections list, I should be able to do so by pressing OPTIONS + < ? I tried this, but the Options menu just kept coming up.
Only while reading a book. If you jumped to some place and want to return back to previous page. Click OPTIONS, you will see two new buttons with arrows. But to go back you can just press the "<" button while the OPTIONS menu is on screen. I guess, this is an improvement only for those who don't like to touch the screen. Basically, navigation made just a little bit easier (going to the special navigation screen was always a bit of a pain).
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #11
Mike_73
Guru

I'm glad I could help
Have fun. I love having the clock available, too. Keeps me from reading into the night (well, at least sometimes).