Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
The Web Browser will be Midori

From the German forum, Fellball reports:

Quote:
I've obtained from Forkosigan a new beta webbrowser for PB 302, called Midori.

I can finally download Beam eBooks from my private library to the 302.

Midori supports Bookmarks and cookies, i.e. one can put a bookmark on one's private library once the login cookie has been saved.

Midori is not really fast, it has small Ghosting issues and the screen is not always updated, but the sites I tend to visit most (MR, Heise, Beam Ebooks...) work properly. One needs some patience, though. Fortunately I've not encountered any crashes so far, but unfortunately it doesn't support landscape view yet.

I've set up the Downloads folder manually in the device (download-folder=/mnt/ext1), as it didn't quite work in the Preferences menu.

My summary: I wouldn't browse the WWW with the Pocketbook as it is, but holding some Perry Rhodan directly and reading some of Mobileread is in its ability range. If it can work a bit faster and the screen refresh is improved it can be called a good program.

P.S: Midori was an old Iliad program, but it didn't really work there.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
From the German forum, Fellball reports:
It would be nice if it worked fast though... the whole point of a browser really.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
What it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midori_(web_browser)
FAQ: http://wiki.xfce.org/midori/faq
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mmmm... actually as a lightweight desktop browser, it's seducing me. Firefox is too bulky for an eeePC 701G!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:19 PM   #5
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Mmmm... actually as a lightweight desktop browser, it's seducing me. Firefox is too bulky for an eeePC 701G!
try seamonkey
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #6
Logseman
Orisa

Does SeaMonkey support native speed dial bookmarks like Midori does? As I use a 6x6 grid full of them in my laptop, I am very sold on that capacity.