Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-18-2019, 02:32 AM   #1
fbrzvnrnd
Addict
fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iLiad
disable "Books" Dark mode

I have an poetry EPUB3 ebook where some words are black on black background. Touching a word, the reader could read that, until he touch another word. Electronic literature.
Ok, in the last version of Apple Books there is a "dark" mode that override my CSS and shows all the text white on black background, so the interactive discovery poetry is lost.

Is there a way to disable or detect the dark mode to use correct css?
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:25 AM   #2
Doitsu
Wizard
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrzvnrnd View Post
Is there a way to disable or detect the dark mode to use correct css?
adaptivegarage has found a pure CSS method.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2019, 08:09 AM   #3
fbrzvnrnd
Addict
fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iLiad
Interesting... but it gives some problems to me, I don't know is I'm missing something. I wrote something like:
Code:
:root[__ibooks_internal_theme*="Night"] span.intuisco, span { background: -webkit-linear-gradient(white, white);
  -webkit-text-fill-color: white;
}
It works in dark mode BUT the CSS are applied to white mode too, and ADE crashes when opens the EPUB...
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote