Notices

Old 05-13-2019, 12:45 PM   #1
bob.f
Enthusiast
bob.f began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 7th gen
Bulk converting from multiple formats

Hi,

Can someone please enlighten me as to what will happen in the following use cases:

1. I select two books in Calibre. One is azw, one epub. I convert, selecting mobi as the output.

2. I select two books in Calibre. One exists in azw and mobi, the other epub only. I convert, selecting docx as the output.

In other words, how does the input source to the convert books function existing in multiple formats influence the converters behaviour? The formats mentioned above aren't particularly important, other than to illustrate there is a selection.

Last edited by bob.f; 05-13-2019 at 12:55 PM.
bob.f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:07 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, iPad 9.7, iPad 12.9
Preferences - Behavior - Preferred input format order

It will choose the format with highest preference to convert from.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2019, 01:45 PM   #3
bob.f
Enthusiast
bob.f began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 7th gen
Thanks.
bob.f is offline   Reply With Quote