Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 01:15 AM   #106
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:06 AM   #107
ricefiel
ricefiel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD
Thank you davidfor
Advert
Old 05-16-2016, 10:26 PM   #108
LKH
LKH began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi davidfor, I would like to have a clean sdcard image of Kobo Glo HD too. Would appreciate your help on this. Cheers
Old 05-17-2016, 03:35 AM   #109
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:16 AM   #110
LKH
LKH began at the beginning.

Thank u very much davidfor. Very prompt response
Advert
Old 05-18-2016, 01:39 PM   #111
Rugious
Rugious began at the beginning.

Would you be so nice to send me the link?, please.

My Kobo Glo HD is not working.

Best regards.

Rugious
Old 05-18-2016, 07:40 PM   #112
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:20 AM   #113
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by rko327 View Post
image for my Kobo Glo HD N613.
The word 'please' goes a long way in polite society.

Don
(Moderator)
Old 05-27-2016, 09:52 AM   #114
pleven4ever
pleven4ever began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA H2O, Kobo Glo, Nook ST
Any chance for a PM with a sd image for GloHD for me too? Thank you very much in advance! Hopefully is newer than 3.18, my device is new, but after initial update and registration the windows didn't see it and want to format, tried with another sd card with the factory 3.18, windows only seeing it the first time, after update and logging again - nothing, tried on 2 machinnes with 2 cables, still the same...
Old 05-27-2016, 10:18 AM   #115
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

The image was taken after a factory reset. So, it takes the device back to whatever firmware was on it at release. That is well before 3.18.

What you describe sounds like a faulty device. There have been a few similar reports. Letting Windows format the drive and then doing the setup sometimes fixes it. And doing a factory reset has also fixed it. But, with what you have done, it sounds like the device is faulty and you should exchange it.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:57 AM   #116
pleven4ever
pleven4ever began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA H2O, Kobo Glo, Nook ST
Thank you, very, very much, davidfor - it worked! I actually expanded the *img to a 32gb samsung msd card and after the registration and update this time the card is visible! You really saved me from the long process to returning the device back to Japan (ebay purchase) and since I'm from Bulgaria, you can understand how grateful I am right now :-) and relieved! Maybe the japanese fw 3.18 was causing the conflict, no idea, but with this one seems to be flying high ;-) Thank you again from the bottom of my heart!
Old 05-27-2016, 06:53 PM   #117
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleven4ever View Post
Thank you, very, very much, davidfor - it worked! I actually expanded the *img to a 32gb samsung msd card and after the registration and update this time the card is visible! You really saved me from the long process to returning the device back to Japan (ebay purchase) and since I'm from Bulgaria, you can understand how grateful I am right now :-) and relieved! Maybe the japanese fw 3.18 was causing the conflict, no idea, but with this one seems to be flying high ;-) Thank you again from the bottom of my heart!
Good that it worked. As replacing the SD card has fixed it, there might have been a problem with the supplied one. But, it wasn't the firmware specifically. Kobo use the same firmware on all their device no matter where they are. They do stage the release, but eventually everyone gets the update.
Old 06-11-2016, 11:18 PM   #118
yuyu
yuyu began at the beginning.

Hello davidfor, Would you please share with me the image of Kobo Glo HD.
My Kobo Glo HD is not working...
Old 06-12-2016, 02:17 AM   #119
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:27 AM   #120
yuyu
yuyu began at the beginning.

Thank you very much, davidfor.
it worked!!
Closed Thread