Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-21-2019, 05:37 PM   #1231
Kat78
Kat78 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I'm still getting nowhere even with the image file. I suspect my memory card is corrupt. I've bought a new one but before it will let me use it, even to put the image file on, its asking me to format it. What should I format it to? FAT32? I have no idea is this will make a difference.
Kat78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:38 PM   #1232
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat78 View Post
I'm still getting nowhere even with the image file. I suspect my memory card is corrupt. I've bought a new one but before it will let me use it, even to put the image file on, its asking me to format it. What should I format it to? FAT32? I have no idea is this will make a difference.
You don't forget the card. You need to use an image writing program that will access the drive regardless of whether it is formatted or not.

I've not done a restore for some time, but I seem to remember that I did use Etcher at one point; at least it's cross platform, and open source, and is still being developed.

See https://www.balena.io/etcher/

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Last edited by PeterT; 06-21-2019 at 08:41 PM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2019, 03:30 PM   #1233
ufleku
ufleku began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
I´m new here looking for some help with my Kobo Glo N613. Hope I'm right here.
It not starting anymore showing the an empty battery symbol and the request to load the eReader. But the battery is loaded (4,15V).
Normal switching on leads to a blue LED light after a short green for a second.
Performing a factory reset leads to a red LED (not blinking) for some seconds.
I suppose the SD card image is broken. I´d replace the SD with a new one but I'd need an image and maybe a hint how to deal with it (already seen some posts about that here).
Can anyone provide an Glo image, please?

Thanks in advance.

ufleku
ufleku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 07:36 PM   #1234
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
PM sent.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:48 PM   #1235
ufleku
ufleku began at the beginning.

Dear davidfor,

you´re a grand sorcerer, indeed.
Thank you for your immediate support.
I used Gergith's hints how to deal with it, and it took just a few minutes that my Glo was working again.
Greetings from the opposite side of the world.
ufleku is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2019, 12:26 PM   #1236
SeFX4
SeFX4 began at the beginning.

May I receive the Kobo Glo (N613) image file to try and revive my bricked E-reader?
Many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards
SeFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 07:55 PM   #1237
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:13 AM   #1238
SeFX4
SeFX4 began at the beginning.

Thanks a lot! I was able to write the image to the sd card, apply the updates and bring my Kobo back to life!
SeFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:41 PM   #1239
tofra88
tofra88 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo N613
Could I maybe get the image for the N613? My wife has fallen into the reader in the bathtub, the hardware is still working but the system has errors.

Best regards,
Tobi
tofra88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 01:41 AM   #1240
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:43 PM   #1241
King Ding3ling
King Ding3ling began at the beginning.

Hello David

Could you please send me the Image for a Kobo Glo N613.
Thanks in advance
King Ding3ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:33 PM   #1242
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:53 PM   #1243
Vince75
Vince75 began at the beginning.

Hello David,

Could you help me by sending an image for the Kobo Glo? (Not HD)

Thanks in advance!
Vincent
Vince75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:20 PM   #1244
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-20-2019, 11:18 AM   #1245
Vince75
Vince75 began at the beginning.

Thanks for the image! Hmmm... Imagewriter (from vconsole) does not finish the job, says "a wite error occured". I tried Rufus but it also says the image file is corrupted. Tried re-downloading but same result.

Any suggestions?
Vince75 is offline   Reply With Quote