Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-19-2011, 07:25 AM   #1
SelinaK
SelinaK began at the beginning.

Device: going to get a Pocketbook 301+ soon
Jinke Hanlin A9 or PocketBook 902?

I want to buy a 9" reader. I can get the Jinke Hanlin A9 with capacitive Sipix display, keyboard and wifi for circa $320, or PocketBook 902 for $380, no touchscreen, but better resolution (1200x825). They both can read many file formats. Hanlin would fit my budget better, but the PocketBook price isn't completely unreachable.

The main problem is, I know PocketBook - had the 6" 301+ - and I'm not afraid of its quality, I know it's good. But I don't know anything about Hanlin. Is it good? Does it have any problems? Is the 1024x768 resolution ok for PDFs like magazines or illustrated books?
SelinaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The iPad has 1024x768 resolution and it's pretty good for reading on. The difference between 1024x768 and 1200x825 is going to be marginal at best - it's only a 17% increase in the linear resolution.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
SelinaK

I don't want a tablet. I was considering it, but reading comfort and battery life are too important for me.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:04 PM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Selina, if I'm right Harry didn't want to advise you to buy the iPad but just wanted to assure you that the resolution of the A9 is sufficient to read pdf files with illustrations.

Hanlin has a lot of 6" devices out, you can inform yourself about their quality in the Hanlin subforum or ask some questions there.
(https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)

As it seems there's only one member here who has written about the A9
(https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=39)

I own the PB902 and I'm quite satisfied with this device. I mostly use it for reading pdf files.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Selina, if I'm right Harry didn't want to advise you to buy the iPad but just wanted to assure you that the resolution of the A9 is sufficient to read pdf files with illustrations.
Yes, exactly. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
SelinaK

Sorry, I misunderstood. And yes, you're right, I've seen a PDF on iPad and it was certainly readable.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Sipix is horribly dark grey. Imagine all your paper books having their white pages becoming very dark ! Shame on the companies selling Sipix e-readers !
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:47 PM   #8
rling
Connoisseur
rling began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite, Nook Color, Pocket Pro
My 2 cents worth - Have a look at the Nook Color. Still a tablet, but perfectly useable as a reader. Great when you have to read in bed at night and don't want a book/night light. Screen only 7" ,but has same resolution as the iPad.

Battery life of 8-10 hours constant use, including games music and movies, on one full charge.
rling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:25 PM   #9
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Maybe you should compare the PocketBook 902 with the new Onyx Boox M91S. Check this topic.
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #10
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Found a video for the A9 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhtzrhHNvnw
owly is offline   Reply With Quote